Let's Talk About "The Mods"

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

I don't have much contact with the mods because I don't like bank sitting and I don't like global and I no longer like events.  When I do interact with them it's usually I need something and they tend to be (with some exeptions) very helpful. 

However, I also hear a lot of people talking about "bad mods", the rotten apples, if you will.  The ones who abuse their powers to suit their own needs and ideologies. 

I would like for this thread to remain a safe space where players can freely share their experiences and opinions regarding who's who and what's what in the realm of mod-dom. 

I'm also curious, to some degree, who's "untouchable", so to speak.  Who's the owner's girlfriend or wife, for instance, or their college buddy so I know not to get myself into trouble with the wrong mod.  With a server this small it pays to know these things.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

No one is untouchable.

No mods have unjustly muted or banned.  Re are required to post evidence from logs, which is then verified by the admin.

The one's complaining have not had a thing reversed, due to the logs verifying what we pass on to the admins as our evidence.

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

Not saying names, but.. i have seen in certain cases, mods focusing on events oppose to helping players with issues...but that was once or twice. Staff is pretty well selected and abuse of powers is pretty limited I would hope.. i feel its up to mods to help maintain an even balance of power within the community among everyone. Keeping the spirit of 'clean fun'

then again on every server in history there will be certain people who hate mods.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I'm gonna move this to the "feedback" section. We welcome constructive feedback, as long as it doesn't turn into a witchhunt or attack any individuals.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

methmonster Send PM

subscriber200donorDMM2_Participant

I haven't seen or heard of any mods abusing there power or playing favourites with players but it might just be cause I'm an older player

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

lol

Turtles

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Cute.

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Lucki seems cool. 

Professionalism seems to me the mark of a stand-up mod.

Mod Pepsi has posted things directed at me such as "If you can't afford to pk, stay out of the wilderness" and accusing players of "crying".  I would expect another player to act this way but not a mod; it's arguably unprofessional to enter into a debate with a player or to trash talk.

Last edited by Eww Bald (26 Apr 2018 00:09)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

lol shut up

Turtles

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Since I deleted all the trash on the Legacy Transfer post yesterday, now you come up with stories about my being a bad mod.  Seems logical.

If you can't afford to die, don't go in the wilderness.  Seems common sense to me.  My opinion, and it will never change.

I don't know who you are, but you are a forum warrior and on me every time I post. big_smile

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

He is right though, it's about how you approach people, you should be here to help not to criticise.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

Warning people not to go in wild if they can not afford to lose their items is in no way, shape, or form, criticism.

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

You called him a forum warrior, and use sarcastic phrases like "seems logical" "seems common sense to me" and that's just in this thread. In game it's no surprise to hear you say to a player they are just crying. It's disrespectful. And I believe it because of the way you present yourself. No offense pepsi but you kinda come off In the wrong way. It is criticism. U judged someone's actions and basically said don't pk. It's criticism, and you can't even own up to it. Those are not very upstanding quality's. While you may have some great quality's you need to watch the way you approach people, because it come off very rude.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I haven't done or said anything out of place.  Lol 

You are salty because your reporting onion and me for abuse of powers backfired, 3 times. 

When you have real proof of my supposed misconduct, I encourage you to post it.

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

Still can't even admit the criticism when the proof is in this thread. Thanks for the personal attack though, this thread was about mods not about me, I have my own thread if you feel like bashing me.

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

I honestly wasn't trying to hurt your feelings pepsi. I'm sorry if I did. I was just giving honest feedback. This is supposed to be a place where I can do that. But in your rebuttle I see now you don't take criticism well. Maybe take a look at your posts, they aren't what I would expect a mod to say. The guy above me is right, it seems VERY unprofessional. We just ask that you tone it down, no need for childish banter.

Player avatar

Mod Rah Send PM

mod

Irishnozi said:

I honestly wasn't trying to hurt your feelings pepsi. I'm sorry if I did. I was just giving honest feedback. This is supposed to be a place where I can do that. But in your rebuttle I see now you don't take criticism well. Maybe take a look at your posts, they aren't what I would expect a mod to say. The guy above me is right, it seems VERY unprofessional. We just ask that you tone it down, no need for childish banter.

so far i've seen simple replies to statements made by other posters.

Feel free to message me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord with any questions or concerns you may have.

Read the Rules

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

Let's just avoid name calling stay respectful and on topic

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

You are salty because your reporting onion and me for abuse of powers backfired, 3 times.

Case in point.  Unprofessional and if I do say so, childish response.

Last edited by Eww Bald (27 Apr 2018 18:42)

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Eww Bald said:

Mod Pepsi said:

Case in point.  Unprofessional and if I do say so, childish response.

nobody honestly gives a flying fuck about your opinion to be perfectly honest, get off your high horse because you aren't shit around here and never will be Pepsi is a great mod, if I had to deal with childish little idiots like yourself daily I'd treat you far worse, she's being overly polite, more than a little toe rag like you deserves and yes I've been a mod on this server and it's a tiring and thankless job where little worms like u wil do anything to get under a mods skin - ur a forum warrior who clearly doesn't play the game just here to stir shit up this aint a fucking democracy kid it's rscrevolution classic and they invest hundreds if not thousands of hours to modding this community rarely thanked, shut ur ass up and get a grip on life honestly you and this racist rhetard are cancer for the forums

Turtles