Two Factor Authentication

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Hey,

It has been an issue.. for as long as I remember, players passwords leak from servers, they get keylogged.. whatever. It's about time someone actually puts an end to this.
I decided that I'm going to take a more professional approach on RSCRevolution and I'm working hard to get there.

Two Factor Authentication is a great way to stop unauthorized access to your accounts, even if someone knows your password they will see this screen, instead of gaining access and dropping your bank, they will be greeted by this message:
6e3ca087e99be06ea583298de3b8a4ca.png

While you will get this message sent to your e-mail:
c9917e25009e42b7a0b2b7a7734142ed.png

How to enable this security feature?

First of all, I must mention that this feature is per forum account, so once you enable it, all of your characters which are tied to the forum account are protected.

When this gets released, every player will be notified that they must verify their e-mail on login, this is the screen they will see:
0d7410d1bf75c414a344f64e38580c56.png
This is to make sure everyone has their e-mail address up to date, if you feel like having your privacy and don't want to enter your e-mail you can just close it, nobody is forced to do this. This GUI will only show one time.

But you can find this same GUI from going to wrench menu and selecting "Account Security"

After that, each time you login you will be reminded if you have not verified e-mail or enabled two factor authentication:
0d7410d1bf75c414a344f64e38580c56.png

Once your e-mail is verified
25ccc3ded2a043ab8f3493fe6f98b2b6.png

Click or tap the enable button:
7abcb8f7149a8293f8a0744ebc101e98.png

After doing this the first time your "Whitelist" of IP addresses allowed is filled with your past login history.
You are reminded about checking the whitelist on every login to remove access from any IPs that you don't use or regonize until you have done that.

Player avatar

cmann80 Send PM

subscriber

This is still going to be optional though right ??  like a " bank pin "
just so when we share for pk we arent locked out all the time.

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

I think this is PERFECT.
Esp with so many "hackings"
This would save a lot of chars and a lot of staff time with investigating.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

cmann80 said:

This is still going to be optional though right ??  like a " bank pin "
just so when we share for pk we arent locked out all the time.

This is purely optional, but we encourage it. It doesn't take much time to set it up, versus gaining all your lost items back. Create a new e-mail and share it with people you want to share access with. This is also only prompted every time login from new IP address is detected so you really just have to do it once, and when your IP changes.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

This I like very much.

Lol...

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Well done Panu, as everything else! Keep it up bro <3

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

ANNONYMOUS Send PM

I can't get on my account