why cant we all just get along

http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic. … 57#p81557/
Automated play is a bannable offense!
savage@rscrevolution.com    discord @Savage  in game Mod Savage

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Mod Savage said:

why cant we all just get along

I remember playing classic and the rule was basically that mods we're to be seen but not heard and even then you didn't see them much.  You might bump into one and they were usually nice enough but they didn't try to be popular or bossy and they certainly didn't get involved in petty arguments (that's a privilege of players only).  Those kinds of mods are easy to "get along" with and there certainly are mods here that are exactly like that.

Then you have a different breed of mod that finds haven only on a private server.  This type of mod gets a little too close to the regular players and mixes business with pleasure.  Oftentimes these mods are into modship for the sake of feeling superior, which considering the size of the server is laughable.  They're basically on a placebo power trip .  It's VERY hard to get along with this type of mod because they ooze insecurity in word and deed and their presence has an overall negative effect on the enjoyability of the server.

P.S.- Oopsie, or whatever, I don't respond to potty mouth posts and you sound very upset.  If you can post like a mature person maybe I'll actually read past the first sentence next time. wink

Last edited by Eww Bald (27 Apr 2018 23:55)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

sirpyrrhic Send PM

hmm. i sense a pattern here...... anything eww bald can do to make mods sound bad. give it up already. anyone who reads these forums will i'd like to think comes to the same conclusion...

I miss pking in chaos druid robes and bunny ears

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

hmm. i sense a pattern here...... anything eww bald can do to make mods sound bad. give it up already. anyone who reads these forums will i'd like to think comes to the same conclusion...

Every time I mention mods in general I mention good ones and bad ones so you're incorrect.

Last edited by Eww Bald (28 Apr 2018 00:48)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

sirpyrrhic said:

He doesn't even have any characters in game, he's just here to stir shit up and cause unnecessary commotion on the forums and I think 95% people are smart enough to see right through that

Last edited by o0ps13 (28 Apr 2018 08:39)

Turtles

Player avatar

Kayluhhhh Send PM

Mod Luckily is by far the best mod on the server. SUPER helpful and sweet and will try to help you with any problem keep it up Mod Lucki

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

Wow, so much aggression

Player avatar

Irish Pickle Send PM

And +1 tood lucki, would also like to add mod terror mod rah and haven't had any problems with anti so let's throw him in there too. These are the standup mods that others should view as idols. They are only here to help, they get it.

Player avatar

Kylo Ren Send PM

Banned

MODS ARE AMAZING BUT I ADDED TOO MANY AND IT CRASHED MY SKYRIM GAME

FIRST ORDER
                     KNIGHTS OF REN

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

shit pointless thread from a forum warrior with only 1 character which is a level 3 called eww bald, wat a jerk, delete this shitpost

Turtles

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

Mods banned my Hanz account for no good reason

Player avatar

Old Frank Send PM

Eww Bald said:

...This type of mod gets a little too close to the regular players and mixes business with pleasure.

you also have mods who enjoy playing the game more than being a mod. and who can blame them, eh? eh?

seen valid points in most posts here, but really a more constructive thread might be 'what makes a good mod?' cause if someone started a thread 'lets talk about >insert any category of person around rscr< ' it would also get pretty heated very fast.

if anyone wants to start 'what makes a good mod?' then I'll weigh in, I've spent years in many digital realms, they all have mods.

-also Red Frank ingame - and Mad Frank (ultimate ironman)-

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Eww Bald said:

...This type of mod gets a little too close to the regular players and mixes business with pleasure.

Old Frank said:

also have mods who enjoy playing the game more than being a mod. and who can blame them, eh? eh?

True but those mods face dilemmas that apparently conflict with their ability to remain respectful figures.  For this reason it seems best they remain mutually exclusive for some individuals.

Old Frank said:

valid points in most posts here, but really a more constructive thread might be 'what makes a good mod?' cause if someone started a thread 'lets talk about >insert any category of person around rscr< ' it would also get pretty heated very fast.

Not sure anyone would read it or respond to it, sadly.

Old Frank said:

If anyone wants to start 'what makes a good mod?' then I'll weigh in, I've spent years in many digital realms, they all have mods.

Please feel free to start this, I won't be offended in the slightest and will likely share my own opinion. wink

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

I suppose there's no harm in releasing an abridged set of the mod guidelines so you all know what we deal with.

So without further ado:

1. Don't take advantage of your mod powers.
----Do not use your staff account for any advantage which a non-staff would not have. This includes: teleporting a player without legitimate justification (legitimate reasons would be like if they were stuck, removing someone from event, etc.); using any staff information for economic or some other gain; using the mod account to introduce items or experience into the game or onto a player or personal account; using mod commands for any unofficial reason, or to harass, abuse, or take advantage in combat; using mod commands to show favoritism; etc. If you are unsure if some action is taking advantage, ask BEFORE you do it.

2. Confidentiality.

----All information you learn as a staff member is to be kept in the strictest confidence, communicable to only other current staff members. Air on the side of caution, e.g. if you can't remember whether you learned player X is secretly player Y from being a mod, or from finding out normally as a player, then treat it as confidential. Leaks will be taken very seriously, it is a surefire way to get yourself demodded and/or list-banned depending on the severity.

[Billy note: As one of the game directors I get to decide what constitutes an unauthorized leak. Case in point, I won't be banning myself for sharing these mod guidelines.]

3. Professionalism.

----You are expressly prohibited from any conduct on your mod account or personal characters which would reflect poorly on RSCR or its staff. Don't log on your moderator account if your judgment is impaired. Be polite and maintain an air of professionalism. While on your mod account, you are expected to be a shining example of good social conduct and represent RSCRevolution to the best of your ability. Never show favoritism or bias in your decisions regarding players. Try not to spam global. Don't sit around AFK ignoring questions. Don't disappear for extended periods of time without letting us know you're taking a break.

4. Separation.

----Your mod account is in no way an extension of your personal account and should not interact with your personal characters. You are allowed to trade items to your mod account, however, you may not place items from the mod account to your player account without administrator direction. Merchanting is a player activity and should not be done on your mod account or with event donations. Your mod account should be logged out if you are going PKing, to give paranoid players peace of mind. You should never be buying or selling personal items on your mod account. Try, if possible, to keep separation between your player and mod personae. That's YOUR personal time on your personal character, to take a break from modding!

Moderator Responsibilities
1. Help new players, type ::activenewplayers and go to them and befriend them and see if they need help.
2. Answer player questions to the best of your ability in-game and on forums, in chat, global, or PM.
3. Police in-game and Discord for rulebreaking (scamming, flaming, advertising, etc.), give warnings, mutes.
4. Deescalate and if possible resolve player disputes.
5. Run fair, fun events (preferably for prizes).
6. Defer to more senior staff. Report all points of interest to superiors. Be communicative.
7. Have a working knowledge of in-game commands.

Senior Moderator Responsibilities
Everything listed above, PLUS:
8. Police forums, keep them law abiding and orderly.
9. Catch botters, autoers, and other cheaters.
10. Gather evidence and ban offenders.
11. Provide guidance to junior mods.
12. Help with beta testing.
13. Process player complaints
14. Have a working knowledge of the website backend interface.
15. Check forum abuse and in-game abuse reports on backend.

This is just part of the mod guidelines post but hopefully it gives you guys a better picture of what we hold our staff to.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Cute.. You dont know how hard is it to actually be a mod, stfu

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Trupk3r said:

Cute.. You dont know how hard is it to actually be a mod, stfu

What's that got to do with anything?  If some mods can manage to hold it together then others should be able as well.  The ones who can't just aren't  cut out for it.  As they say, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. wink

Last edited by Eww Bald (30 Apr 2018 16:15)

Player avatar

Old Frank Send PM

Billy said:

This is just part of the mod guidelines post but hopefully it gives you guys a better picture of what we hold our staff to.

that was really interesting, thanks! glad posting it won't get you banned o.O
I hope mods don't actually have to seek out and befriend new players tho, just cause that seems like a lot of work lol.

kind of off topic, but remember fishing in catherby in the old days? there was always someone screaming 'reported.' I used to wonder how many 'I gave someone something and they won't give it back!!!!!' reports jaggers used to get per hour. so there is a bonus to not having thousands playing.

-also Red Frank ingame - and Mad Frank (ultimate ironman)-

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Old Frank said:

Billy said:

that was really interesting, thanks! glad posting it won't get you banned o.O
I hope mods don't actually have to seek out and befriend new players tho, just cause that seems like a lot of work lol.

kind of off topic, but remember fishing in catherby in the old days? there was always someone screaming 'reported.' I used to wonder how many 'I gave someone something and they won't give it back!!!!!' reports jaggers used to get per hour. so there is a bonus to not having thousands playing.

I remember fishing off karamja f2p docks; talk about a raunchy bunch.  Somehow it fit that setting though. Good times lol.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

IMO there is nothing wrong with the staff and how they run things. To be honest it's the players who are the issue not the mods. Players do what ever it takes to make staff members life more miserable and unfortunately that is not going to change. Some people are "early bloomers" who are mature by mind earlier than his/her friends, those people know how to behave and act like an human being with at least some kind of social skills. Then there are those others who act straight up monkeys and just love the attention, it feeds them.

I say let the monkeys be monkeys and let's not whine about the punishments or what ever is coming for them. Let staff members do their bidding, follow the rules and there is no problemos.

Lol...

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Semirotta said:

IMO there is nothing wrong with the staff and how they run things. To be honest it's the players who are the issue not the mods. Players do what ever it takes to make staff members life more miserable and unfortunately that is not going to change. Some people are "early bloomers" who are mature by mind earlier than his/her friends, those people know how to behave and act like an human being with at least some kind of social skills. Then there are those others who act straight up monkeys and just love the attention, it feeds them.

I say let the monkeys be monkeys and let's not whine about the punishments or what ever is coming for them. Let staff members do their bidding, follow the rules and there is no problemos.

If this is really how you feel about the players, why the hell would you want to a mod?  Wtf is going on here???
Maybe mods should be psychoanalyzed before they are made mods to make sure they aren't sociopaths...

Last edited by Eww Bald (1 May 2018 19:08)