Google Play Application taken down.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

busty_friend said:

This dev/mod team actually has heart and soul, UNLIKE rscrevolution.  These guys are what rscrevolution should have been.

Create your own game.  Grow the player base.  Make improvements to game mechanics.  I originally started programming (and then majored in comp sci) because I was infatuated with RSC and how it brought together so many people.  I always wanted to make a game like RSC (but improved) but never was able to due to lack of motivation while attempting it solo.  Doing it by yourself sucks and quickly becomes boring.  Others around me were too busy chasing tail and not willing to work hard or maintain interest in projects for very long so I asked myself why I was bothering and stopped after a few weeks of work.

If this thing really is going to happen I need to start brushing up on my java again (or would you use something else n0m?) and would happily lend a hand if needed.

If you are interested you can add me on Skype, my username is no0om92. Help is always appreciated.

Player avatar

grampaflower Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Turilas said:

Opening up a separate server is like giving a slow death penalty for the current one, no doubt about that.
Essentially the same as wiping the current one and starting afresh.
After playing here for a year I'll be quite let down if things go down that way..

If the current server doesn't get shut out from the flow of new players by dividing the servers, or you'll give out the option to transfer stats & items to new server and there'll be no wipes or anything else gets done that serves to undermine my efforts thus far, I'll donate for this project, since it is a great idea otherwise.

Would it be possible to provide compatible clients where the other one has new graphics and the other has RSC graphics?

We will most likely link the two games together, but I don't know how far into making it our game will we go, this is all to be discussed later on, but I highly dislike the idea of having the rscrevolution client and the new game available at same time, it's asking for trouble once it becomes popular.

This^. I knew was only a matter of time before rscrevolution caught a wiff of the phone app, separate yourself from them so they have no legal leverage.  Definitely keep as close to rsc graphics as possible tho, something mesmerizes me about rune armor on classic.  Curious to see how much you'd need to change though.  As far as some names I'd advise perhaps changing them to their unofficial names like Lumbridge => Lumby, King Black Dragon -> KBD (stuff like that so people still know wtf they are)

Player avatar

raginpwner Send PM

subscriber

genious

Player avatar

The Hulk Send PM

subscriber

This^. I knew was only a matter of time before rscrevolution caught a wiff of the phone app, separate yourself from them so they have no legal leverage.  Definitely keep as close to rsc graphics as possible tho, something mesmerizes me about rune armor on classic.  Curious to see how much you'd need to change though.  As far as some names I'd advise perhaps changing them to their unofficial names like Lumbridge => Lumby, King Black Dragon -> KBD (stuff like that so people still know wtf they are

this is perfect, and (rune 2hander) could be R2H

Most new people would play because its the same as a new game.

Just improve what they get when they start.

Player avatar

BIGRON Send PM

If anything, please bring an app back.. I only play this game on my phone and I've waited for years for it to happen.. knowing that I only found out  less than a week really sucks..

Player avatar

david123 Send PM

subscriber

When will the app be back up?

Player avatar

Dragon Jr Send PM

hey can someoen help me please im new i try playing on firefox it says i need a plugin as for real rscrevolution i download it and can play from desktop when i download this it says something about a jar file and wont open please help i am dieing to play this!!!!!!

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Dragon Jr said:

hey can someoen help me please im new i try playing on firefox it says i need a plugin as for real rscrevolution i download it and can play from desktop when i download this it says something about a jar file and wont open please help i am dieing to play this!!!!!!

use the downloadable client, webclient needs java security settings toggled. downloadable client wont havee a problem with this

download this to play
http://www.rscrevolution.com/Launcher.jar

Player avatar

I P K U Send PM

subscriber

wow i cant belive you can on android this server is awesome! good job