Skilling island event (27.01 - 29.01.2023)

Player avatar

Mod Umba Send PM

Dear community,

BAZINGA:

A skilling island event is planned for the upcoming weekend (27.01. - 29.01.2023). You will have a chance to fight various npcs, obtain supplies and see the other players. big_smile
Easter will provide the next opportunity to use double xp. If you have wishes or ideas for this skilling island event, please post them below.
Thank you.

ENJOY

RSCR Staff

minions-the-rise-of-gru-super-bowl-trailer-618x400.jpg

Player avatar

Pray For You Send PM

subscriber

Two ideas:

Agility: Skilling island agility has always been useless.
Put an agility course or multiple courses on the island, have them circle the other skillers. Make it similar to the wilderness xp rates. Keep the obstacles to where you can fall off but not into Pits below ground , this will help people running the course keep up on conversations with those around them without missing a message due to a fall. Agility is usually a lonely skill to train and skilling island is all about community interaction.

Firemaking: Rows of logs to set on fire. We all know firemaking is useless and is a skill no one trains with others, again taking a skill that is lonely to train and give the skiller some community around him.

Ironik Send PM

subscriber

Agreed with Pray For You. Agility is one thing that could make a better appearance on skill island.

Also somewhere to get bulk feathers somehow… my iron needs to make some serious arrows for slayer

Player avatar

Primal Anubis Send PM

How do we start the event and get to the island? and what is the purpose of the event do you get event tokens for that event store in edgeville? im a  new player started week or so ago a bit confused with alot of the rscrevolution exclusive content not many guides or info around.

In game name: Primalanubis
Been playing rscrevolution on and off since 2006.
Felt like i beat rs3 at one point, osrs is boring now time to hit up rsc!

Player avatar

Mod Dol Send PM

Head Moderator

It will be live very soon and will be announced  ::event to join it when its live! <3

Mod Dol - NubMod

OHWOW!

Mod Playah Send PM

Primal Anubis said:

How do we start the event and get to the island? and what is the purpose of the event do you get event tokens for that event store in edgeville? im a  new player started week or so ago a bit confused with alot of the rscrevolution exclusive content not many guides or info around.

There's quite a lot of information available here:

https://rscr.fandom.com/wiki/RSCRevolution

Also, the skill island events are used to house a multitude of skilling possibilities. Have a look through some older news posts for some pictures of what to expect from the area.

https://rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=17450

https://rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=17303

G n o m e Send PM

Ironik said:

Also somewhere to get bulk feathers somehow… my iron needs to make some serious arrows for slayer

Leave feathers be. It's one of the few things in game that still requires a little bit of thought to obtain. Too many things are easily obtainable as it is through bulk drops as a side effect of doing something else.

Foreskin Freddy Send PM

Skilling Island was LIT!! Thanks Dev Team.

"They float, Georgie.
They float...
And when you're down here with me...                 
...you float too!"

Player avatar

AR Send PM

subscriber

This happened right before I came back, is it going to happen again in the future? I've got some grinding to do ?

IGN - x Alex x & Pk Alex

Mod Playah Send PM

AR said:

This happened right before I came back, is it going to happen again in the future? I've got some grinding to do ?

They happen a few times a year. The benefit to having them is quite strong so we try to limit the frequency of them.