Deadman mode fixes for next season.

Meany Petis Send PM

Once and for all deadman suggestions, in my opinion this is all that needs changing for next season..

1. Cheating ???. Either allow the use of alts and multi IP per account or actually be checking. Don’t say we can only have one account per person then do nothing to stop it. The past week people have been sharing accounts and even multi logging. No punishment in sight. Too late at this stage what you gonna do punish people in the main game? Punishment needs to be daily for it to actually work. Big slap in the face to those who played by the rules and put the hours in

2. Stimulus checks, another slap in the face, the 250k one was a good idea. 1m gp 3 weeks in though? When you can punch npcs for money? This was an outrageous decision and completely screwed up basically the only prize for PKing! Another slap in the face for people who played the game properly. If you’re going to give out GP give it out at the start. Not a week before the end of the tournament.

3. Add more categories for prizes. Failing that, I’m sure you could throw some of that sub money into a pot Kleio. We all buy enough of them. Offer out similar prizes for similar tasks for next season but have some cash prizes as well. Some of the prizes for the amount of playtime that go in to them are weaksauce.

4. Immunity ???. Own up. Who’s idea? It completely breaks and screws up the basic mechanics of team PKing. Whoever implemented it clearly has never PKed. Are you aware how triggering it is to be caught till death for 1 minute while you can’t shoot back? Completely game breaking. Remove it all together or 15 seconds tops. You’ve seen what happened this season with the teams, that is just RSC in 2023 unfortunately, so don’t screw up the mechanics. It even created a bug in 1v1 areas.

5. Fix the hiscores so we can check more easily who’s in the lead for the prizes. We have wasted many hours checking them over the last weeks

6. Fix the bug that allows you to overtrain past combat 60.

7. Fix the bug that allows you to sub your def down from 10-20-30-40 to 1 but you’ll still be wearing your armour and get the stat benefits of it even with lower defence level.

7. Fix the bug where if you’ve been out of combat for 20 seconds in 1v1, seemingly any number (3 most I’ve seen) can chase you down and mage / range you. I can only assume this is a knock on effect of the immunity changes.

8. Incentivise PKing more? Not the slaying of innocent barbarians and imps? I understand the issues with PK prizes. But there must be a way.

The mode has massive potential, there was a lot of us who made accounts this season. If the mechanics weren’t broken and there was actually management around, we could have had some insane times. I am just one guy so opinions may differ but I think most will be able to agree. I can’t think of anything else that really needs changing.

Yours truly
Smeglord88 from Christmas season DMM 2023

And DMM Random from the OG DMM season 1, a name that strikes pure terror in the thoughts of players like Daddy Devon, K1ng strike and Thueva.

lambofgod6666 Send PM

I rarely play here.  I come back occasionally during holidays to re-live my 14 year self on Christmas morning or whatever.  I played here a few days for deadman and had a love/hate relationship with it.

The amount of "gotchas" this mode had really set me off.  It was like every time I died it was because of a new mechanic I wasn't aware of, which I then had to re-learn and adapt to in the future.  Meanwhile the people ganking me would hoard my stuff while I'm still trying to figure out the rules.  Of course, the weirdos here have zero sportsmanship or tact, so they'll just keep ganking you repeatedly until you are able to figure out the insane rules that they have known from the start, and then run from any 1 v 1 you offer them.

Not that big of a problem: just annoying.  When you're fighting someone and then they have "immunity" and can't figure out what the hell immunity is or why you're experiencing it, while you're trying to fend off 4 other people gets annoying fast.  I also didn't like being in a non-multi area and getting shot by 2 arrows from 2 different people, and then attacked, getting 3 rounded, and then flamed over global for losing a 1 v 1.  Is it, or is it not, a non-multi area?

Having said that, this mode is a lot more fun than the regular mode, and I'd play more here if this mode was permanent.  It reminds me of early RSCR back in like 2015 when no one was max stats or gear and everything was new and exciting again.

Suggestions:
I think they should get rid of the stimulus checks and shop.  You should have to mine/smith/fish everything yourself.  Punching men in the hut for 30 mins and getting 50k that you can then buy all sorts of shit with defeats the purpose of having a large world to do stuff in because it's all handed to you.  My heart dropped when I realized I didn't have to mine, smith, fish, etc. and I could just buy everything in the store because it felt like the world lost purpose.

I miss 2001 pre-wildy when you could fight everywhere and the open world was made such that it wasn't just edge-sitting and ganking, but clan wars while you tried to gear up your clan at the mining pit.  This felt like it was aiming for that type of thing but only went half way.

Still more fun than the regular mode, and with it gone I have other things I need to be doing.  Should this come back permanently I'd spend more time here.  One of the last things I didn't like were people who didn't even play Deadman mode (no balls?) flaming people on global that did.  The amount of hypocrisy from people who don't risk anything and yet act like total badasses was pretty appauling.  To call someone out directly: lucifer.  He had zero concept of how Deadman mode even worked but constantly ran his mouth.  I'm not sure how you can have such strong opinions on things you know next to nothing about, but such is life.

Need to get rid of the edge sitter in all modes.  Nothing more annoying than listening to a grown ass man talk shit but never back it up.

See you all next year for a few days.

**Shout out to slayer88, magelord88, and smeglord88: three cool people I met here and wish I had more time to pk with.

Last edited by lambofgod6666 (16 Jan 2023 09:11)

Meany Petis Send PM

For 60 combat and F2P only, any more than a month (personally, for me) would be overkill as there is only so much you can do. Longer tournaments would be more suited to higher combat brackets and / or P2P map. The issue with higher combat brackets being the opportunity to make 'unkillable' builds. The issue with full P2P map being it's just far too big. The original Deadman mode on RSCR ran for 3 months, maybe more, and I think the person with the top kills had 63 kills, followed by 25. You just end up running around the map finding nobody

The shop is a 12/10 idea, in my personal opinion, as it incentivises PKing and not skilling, it's just the stimulus checks were fucking dumb and poorly timed. The original 250k is nothing really and get's people started. What happened was some people decided to start playing really late and complain stuff is hard to get without even trying to get it, then boom Kleio appears out of nowhere like Queenys dad who left for milk 20 years ago and starts handing out money like its candy. Like you say you can just punch NPCs for coins, it's not hard. But this is 2023 and some peoples alpha egos are too big to fish for a bit of GP. Before the stimulus checks everyone was farming and skilling for money. Then a few crybabies came along

I think this gamemode/season catered to everyone. Skilling was a good way to make money. People who didn't want to PK but want a chance at prizes had options. PKers who solely want to PK had easy access to gear.

The rhetorical issue and the one thing we've seen EVERYONE complain about and agree on is the utterly stupid immunity mechanic. It needs totally removing or limiting to 15 seconds at the absolute most. And the mechanics for all single and multi combat desperately need looking at before next season

I personally can't see myself going back to regular game mode PKing, it's certainly not what it used to be, full of toxic masculinity and unnecessary long term beefs, it's become a numbers game and I personally find it difficult to enjoy anymore. Deadman mode on the other hand had me playing 12 hour days if I could, I've not played so much rscrevolution or had this much fun playing it since DMM version 1 which was like 5 years ago. I think I can speak for quite a number of people who feel exactly the same way as me, and the other vast majority do play the main game as well.

Just a few simple fixes and a promise of actual clear cut management next time and I'm sure we'll all be back in a heart beat. Right now it's all in your hands @Kleio, big promises were made that you've failed to follow through with, cheating has been allowed all week and NOTHING was done. You need to try a bit harder next time if you want us all to come back and put the hours in and populate the server.

lambofgod6666 Send PM

I quit years ago because I don't have the time to play 24/7 and make 50 flats accounts and fully gear + park them at castle.  The numbers game got really old, especially since whenever you killed someone they'd just log on with 3 more and you could never bank your kills.  I honestly don't know how these people have this much time on their hands to play this all day, every day.  Do they even work?  Do they have families?  How do you have 50+ flats account? 

Deadman felt like a breath of fresh air and I had fun playing it.  The community feels like a bunch of children and I wasn't too fond of most of the player base.  I found a few good people to play with, but besides that the weird mentality of people here isn't something I'd want to have to deal with on a daily basis.  Trolling is one thing but the level of mental illness that goes on here is on a completely different level.  There's a time and place for everything.  You can tell who the perpetrators are because they don't ever let up, never admit a mistake, and seem to be hell-bent on destroying anyone that disagrees with them.  It's a very juvenile mentality and not something I can stomach for more than an hour a day.

Time to move on for me, I think.  I've been on and off private servers over the years and it always ends with me just wanting to get away from these types of people.  Life is too short and there are an infinite number of other things I could and should be doing with my time.

Good trip down memory lane though.  Nice playing with you smeglord, even though we only had one session.

Last edited by lambofgod6666 (16 Jan 2023 14:16)

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Thanks everyone for the feedback and letting us know about your experience during this season. We will work hard to give you even better one during the next one!

Dmm P Y R O Send PM

I quit years ago but came back for Christmas event.

Deadman was a lot of fun and was nice to see areas like lumby so active with pk wars. Slayer update looks well done, diving into that next.

Suggestions:
- high score table for goals. I opened every person I'm high scores to see who was in the lead but I think it would be more motivating to see where each goal stands.

- tough for new players to start since there are such large teams or other people that play optimally and aren't shy to put in 18 hour days. I like competition myself but for the sake of new players some less competitive goals may be fun too (e.g. cow has 1/10,000 chance of dropping white party hat instead of most cow kills).

Meany Petis Send PM

Dmm P Y R O said:

- tough for new players to start since there are such large teams or other people that play optimally and aren't shy to put in 18 hour days. I like competition myself but for the sake of new players some less competitive goals may be fun too (e.g. cow has 1/10,000 chance of dropping white party hat instead of most cow kills).

I do really like that idea as a kind of bonus prize pool. I think that could certainly encourage more activity. Just be aware that it could also encourage more teaming and locking down spots. Unfortunately, it’s not 2002 anymore and people don’t really solo PK, there’s not really anything that can be done at this stage to avoid people teaming up, people will always find a way.

You had no issues yourself winning cows by huge margins, and if you don’t mind me saying you definitely can’t PK, and you didn’t form any alliances, so it’s certainly possible to do well and win prizes without having to participate in things you don’t wanna participate in

I think there’s great potential in your idea though. Great suggestion which I hope to see implemented in the future