Can we please change the double XP roll out?

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

I'm sorry to sound like a whiny SOB but it really has been frustrating lately trying to get any benefit out of double XP.

This last one really sucked for me. I got maybe 300-400k smithing xp from the whole double XP event. I come home from work super tired, hop on RSCR and do some smithing. I'm too tired to barely play an hour so I stop and go to sleep with 800 rune bars left. Log in the next morning, with time to play 3-4 hours, double XP is gone. Of course. Meanwhile people that play endlessly, or just happened to have free time to crank out 20-30+ hours of double xp, get a HUGE benefit.

Do a Poll. I bet 90% or more of the players would be in favor of changing how double XP is rolled out. I think the BEST, easiest way to do it is to automatically give you double XP eggs when you log into an account during DXP. How much time....Maybe 12-18 hours worth per DXP event? This can be done with 12-18 1 hr eggs (like the easter egg we have in-game already) These Eggs expire and disappear eventually.....maybe 1 month? That should be plenty of time, and players won't be able to abuse and stockpile eggs for later.

I know Devil XP is used sometimes which is better than what we just had....but even that, isn't enough time for me. I only got 1 4 hr session out of the haloween DXP.

Please?

big_smile

Mod Playah Send PM

Synbios said:

I'm sorry to sound like a whiny SOB but it really has been frustrating lately trying to get any benefit out of double XP.

This last one really sucked for me. I got maybe 300-400k smithing xp from the whole double XP event. I come home from work super tired, hop on RSCR and do some smithing. I'm too tired to barely play an hour so I stop and go to sleep with 800 rune bars left. Log in the next morning, with time to play 3-4 hours, double XP is gone. Of course. Meanwhile people that play endlessly, or just happened to have free time to crank out 20-30+ hours of double xp, get a HUGE benefit.

Do a Poll. I bet 90% or more of the players would be in favor of changing how double XP is rolled out. I think the BEST, easiest way to do it is to automatically give you double XP eggs when you log into an account during DXP. How much time....Maybe 12-18 hours worth per DXP event? This can be done with 12-18 1 hr eggs (like the easter egg we have in-game already) These Eggs expire and disappear eventually.....maybe 1 month? That should be plenty of time, and players won't be able to abuse and stockpile eggs for later.

I know Devil XP is used sometimes which is better than what we just had....but even that, isn't enough time for me. I only got 1 4 hr session out of the haloween DXP.

Please?

big_smile

Good ideas and personally for me, I'd prefer to see a devil/DXP egg type of event. I also think that if the DXP eggs were made untradeable and as you said, disappear after 1 month, or even a week or 2, then that would be fairer to the more casual player rather than the ones who have more free time.

If something like that was implemented, it wouldn't allow any abuse to be afforded to players who would 'keep' their eggs for 6 months or whatever. The 'DXP Event Eggs' that you eluded to could be claimed from an NPC. I'll pass this on. Good idea.