Next month event and new administrator!

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello everyone. First of all, we’d like to thank those loyal players among us that are still sticking around, we know you have choices but believe us you made the right choice with us, August is RSCrevolutions birthday month! Crazy that we have been going for 7 long years now, many other servers have come and gone, and we are still here doing our thing. I'd like to inform our community about the latest developments, future of the server and of course activities of next month.

New leadership

I'd like to begin by congratulating Mod Terror in becoming the Administrator of RSCRevolution. He is sincerely one of the nicest persons I've met on RSCR Staff Team, he has stuck with us through some rough times and lots of drama. I have complete trust in him and I believe this may be a start of a new chapter in RSCR that everyone was waiting for.

I personally don't have the motivation or energy at the moment to give our community the attention and time it deserves and utilize RSCR to its full potential. For that reason I'd love Terror to accept more responsibilities and be not a Head Moderator, but Administrator and Community Manager of RSCR.

Going forward I will be sticking to keeping RSCR online and running, Terror will work the community and be the face of RSCR, the person the community talks with when they want something to happen.

What will I do? I started developing for RSCR when I was a complete nooby developer, sticking to doing small things, debugging and creating fun experiences for the community as a creative outlet/hobby. I'd like to continue doing that, but without the responsibility to take care of everything all round, which is what happened when I got ownership of the server. Going forward, I'd like to try turning RSCR back to something that is a creative outlet for me, rather than a burden causing stress as it is now.

What's going on next month?

Upcoming month we have our birthday and with the latest developments in the RSCPS scene, we need to become more competitive. So we will be hosting a sort of summer event that will give everyone a chance to gear up, stock up on supplies and later hopefully have some fun.

To celebrate our 7th Birthday, we’re going to be giving away cake! That is right, everything you do in game, if that’s killing npcs or mining/smithing everything has a chance of a random cake.

Eat the cake to find treasures inside! There could be lots of shiny things and even a chance at some of the old holiday items that are rarely seen, imagine getting a Christmas Cracker or Scythe from 2014? It will be rare but possible.

What will happen in the future, are we still developing RSCR?

Yes, absolutely! We currently have TDM changes in testing stage (voting for character builds before start), we have a client bug fixes patch lined up. Down the line I will be working with Terror about some fundamental changes for RSCR. We will be celebrating 7th bday and well we're kind of getting stale. I don't want to share any plans at the moment, but in this post I want to simply ask everyone to have an open mind with what is happening next.

Let us have lots of fun this month and spread some positivity around, after all, we all play this game because we love it and it deserves more love then we often hear around these parts.

Dates for the diary.

Saturday 8th/9th August – 2 day Mod hosted Skilling event.
Saturday 15th August – Level 3 Boxing Tournament for black party hat!
Saturday 22nd August – Wilderness Drop Party!

LET THEM EAT CAKE
giphy.gif

Love
Kleio & Terror

Player avatar

bluebeard Send PM

+1 Yes! Thank you! This is just what we needed. I agree that things have been slow lately. Players are kinda scarce, and seeing the activity of the competition isn't helping!

So about the cake thing, during what time next month can we get cake for skilling/killing?

Player avatar

Mattyice Send PM

subscriber

So cake is just like a present drop then right?

Looking forward to the future.

Player avatar

imRonald Send PM

Congrats to Mod Terror on becoming Admin, i've been telling him for a while now that he deserves to be in that spot.

Here's some suggestions.
- Create the shop that you can sell your farmed/skilling items for a reasonable gp price. To fix economy, and to make it easier for new players to make gp.
- Bring fort to east castle with same rules as the one in 37. We will se more castle pk/low levels pk again
- Re-donate wiped/banned characters rares into the economy by pk events/skilling events. Lots of rares been banned during the years, it has effected rare prices badly.
- Active event mods, that daily host all kind of events
- Unban every character (not the botted ones)
- Raise pk mode for combat to 40x
- Higher xp Prayer/mage for pk mode

Last edited by imRonald (30 Jul 2020 21:32)

Player avatar

bluebeard Send PM

imRonald said:

Congrats to Mod Terror on becoming Admin, i've been telling him for a while now that he deserves to be in that spot.

Here's some suggestions.
- Create the shop that you can sell your farmed/skilling items to for a reasonable gp price. To fix economy, and to make it easier for new players to make gp.
- Bring fort to east castle with same rules as the one in 37. We will se more castle pk/low levels pk again
- Re-donate wiped/banned characters rares into the economy by pk events/skilling events. Lots of rares been banned during the years, it has effected rare prices badly.
- Game needs active event mods, that daily host all kind of events
- Higher xp Prayer/mage xp more for pk mode

Not keen on the idea of unbanning banned non-bots, but giving out the rares they had would indeed balance them out a little more.

Player avatar

Edos Send PM

subscriber

Nice work Kleio and congratulations Terror. We need motivated and passionate people at the top of the tree to keep rev strong and prosperous. Excited to see what happens next and august should be a fun month. Love the tdm voting idea. A big issue for me is the market, particularly how hard it is to sell stuff at the moment and make gp. Some of Rons ideas above sound good to me.

Player avatar

Mattyice Send PM

subscriber

imRonald said:

Here's some suggestions.
- Create the shop that you can sell your farmed/skilling items for a reasonable gp price. To fix economy, and to make it easier for new players to make gp.
- Active event mods, that daily host all kind of events
- Higher xp Prayer/mage for pk mode

reintroduce the rares in other ways than events.
- certain or special NPCs drop them rarely
- have map pieces as drops which create a loot map when put together. 6 peices = 1 map. map leads to treasure which could be rare or like clue scroll loot.
- random daily log in winners (each day a number is generated randomly and when that number character logs in it pops up and says you won xxxx)
       for example - the number is 289. so every time someone logs in it would count until the 289th person logs in and wins. you can log in and out as many times as you   want.
- random drops around the world. rare would not disappear until someone picks it up.

Player avatar

Archer96 Send PM

So when exactly does this cake thing start?

Player avatar

wildbeast Send PM

DMM2_Participant

Congrats, Terror. Well deserved.

Player avatar

kiekeboe Send PM

subscriber

Congrats to Mod Terror on becoming Admin

Player avatar

Thurs Send PM

Congratulations on the promotion, Terror.

Last edited by Thurs (4 Aug 2020 06:35)

Player avatar

Fisherman01 Send PM

Gratz Terror! Well deserved smile

Player avatar

kiekeboe Send PM

subscriber

Skilling event was Great ...Thx to all of you