Will this server pick up again?

Player avatar

bluebeard Send PM

I like this private server. After spending much time here, and given what's unique to this server that other private servers don't have, I've felt like this server is home to me.

But lately, there have been so few people online. Enough to keep this server going I'm sure, but I really hope that something is done to make this server strong again, and I feel like mentioning other RSC private servers here is considered an offense, but even though this one other server (not this one) in particular is too inflated to deserve the amount of players it has, there is a new server that opened recently.

Its rates are similar to this one and it's currently very popular. But I refuse to move over to it because I've put too much time into this one already. This server is my home. But I feel like someday this server is going to shut down because it gets so little activity now compared to at least one other. But at least there's always character transfers. (stats but not money) I remember this one server that shut down and had character transfers to this one.

I've put so much time and effort into this server that I just don't wanna start over in another. Plus this server has so much in it and has gone on so long that I don't think character transfers are even worth mentioning.

Plus, Slayer! Chances are the other server(s) doesn't have slayer (yet?).

Before you start with me about this server's PK situation, let it be known that I am well aware that PK is a major factor in RSC that can drive entire player bases. So I'm very aware that this server's status in PK is the reason for its current state, or at least part of it (a major part?). It just seems like loads of people only come on anymore for special events like Easter, Halloween, and Christmas.

Overall, with the lack of people in this server compared to others, I just feel like this server is hanging by a thread. I feel like someday this server is going to end and be at the mercy of another (character transfers), which is something the owners need to work out due to complications (especially Slayer!).

But I could be wrong. Maybe this server will make it, but for the time being, I am committed to this server as much as people like Nocashloc are (or at least have been over the years). After all I've given to this server, I will stick to it no matter what. I'm with you guys until the very end.

Last edited by bluebeard (30 Jul 2020 19:52)

Player avatar

Datsyuk Send PM

subscriber

RSC overall is dieing.  The player-base is older.  Most of us are in our 20's and 30's.  We all have real jobs, kids, responsibilities, ect. Sure new severs will pop up and be popular for a bit because I think there is a certain level of excitement about people racing to be the first to 99 smithing, cooking, ect.  But eventually the excitement will die down and so will the player count.  Maybe if all the different servers could be on the same page and only have 1 game with 1 idea of how to develop the game then it could work.  But that'll never happen.  It is what it is.  Its fading into the past and will just be a memory eventually.

[img]http://s2.postimg.org/stnxil1ll/Datsyuk.jpg[/img]

Speed Racer - Lvl 3 Event Extraordinar

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Great posts. Hard to say for sure exactly what is going to happen. Losing nom (and Billy a while back) were critical hits to this great server. Both had incredible creativity and nom was one of the best god damn programmers a private server has ever seen. That's why this server is far and beyond any other from a technical development POV, and will probably remain so.

If only things had worked out differently we would have a much improved game right now with more players From what I understand nom got fed up with people bitching and whining no matter how hard he tried to please them so he left. (Totally understandable)

I get the impression we cannot expect the same time or dedication from kleio. Understandable too, most of us have IRL to worry about. Without finding replacements for key players like nom and billy this server very well could go under. There's no I in team; one man cannot run and develop a server solo.

All we can do is hope for the best and what happens happens. It was a good run, no matter what. And as I said, it will go down as the best developed server to ever exist.

Player avatar

Mattyice Send PM

subscriber

I think it will rebound.

Like mentioned above its the best server and has been for years. Yes we are older players and yes we have other IRL issues to take care of.

I personally think that this server should dive into more of the creative and custom server which will make rev drastically different from other servers and not just on performance. Implementing slayer was huge, and if that can even be expanded with more monsters and more unique drops that give player bonuses I think we can thrive. More to do, more to farm. Enhanced bonuses with armor aim and power give new unique challenges which people can spend time on acquiring to get ahead and on strategy for best results. If items give players options whether to add a big armor bonus while someone else adds a big power bonus it gives them the ability to customize their character the way they play. Pking will change and be fun again because its something new and exciting.

Skill capes and rings are 2 things that can be buffed quickly that could bring life back to this server as well.

Cfode Send PM

bro wtf are you talking about. actually do some research. the other servers have BARELY any players. the "120 online"
is a bot that replicates online players, and its probably closer to 25 people , IF THAT. RSC E used to do the same thing upon release and Billy knew it, and he used to tease them by putting "160 Players Online (Legit)" on the front page as a troll. Theres no way other servers have more players than RSCR, this server has run longer and more consistent than any other... I go to forums on the opposing servers sites and I have a topic that I posted about 9 months ago in the marketplace, since then only FIVE topics have been posted....in 9 MONTHS?! Gimme a break aint nobody playing there

Cfode Send PM

Terror is doing an amazing job with the server and I have high hopes and expectations for it. Ive never played this server and felt so comfortable/ & or secure and Ive played it for several years on and off.

Player avatar

kiekeboe Send PM

subscriber

the best server for years! terror rocks...i wont move

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

Cfode said:

bro wtf are you talking about. actually do some research. the other servers have BARELY any players. the "120 online"
is a bot that replicates online players, and its probably closer to 25 people , IF THAT. RSC E used to do the same thing upon release and Billy knew it, and he used to tease them by putting "160 Players Online (Legit)" on the front page as a troll. Theres no way other servers have more players than RSCR, this server has run longer and more consistent than any other... I go to forums on the opposing servers sites and I have a topic that I posted about 9 months ago in the marketplace, since then only FIVE topics have been posted....in 9 MONTHS?! Gimme a break aint nobody playing there

you're in denial to honestly think this server is leading the pack is a joke.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

b u b b a jr said:

Cfode said:

you're in denial to honestly think this server is leading the pack is a joke.

the joke is that the rip off drug addicts server even has 5 people on it. lmao

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Magistratus Send PM

lol personally I got locked to psychiatric hospital for 2.5months got nothing else to do and came here..

If only they had a server that had the original combat formula or even close to it but nah... doesnt feel the same.

and the exp rate at most 2x. last time I played here it was 2x or 4x.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Magistratus said:

lol personally I got locked to psychiatric hospital for 2.5months got nothing else to do and came here..

and u still played less than the swords

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

b u b b a jr Send PM

Magistratus said:

If only they had a server that had the original combat formula or even close to it but nah... doesnt feel the same.

and the exp rate at most 2x. last time I played here it was 2x or 4x.

Well im telling u right now you're army material (in game clan) and if u work hard u can climb the ranks easily.

Last edited by b u b b a jr (28 Sep 2020 16:22)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/z2l3Zkl.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Rtt1WmN.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/YBv5Ffx.png[/img]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/gu20rIS.png[/img]

ervinjason Send PM

If only things had worked out differently we would have a much improved game right now with more players From what I understand nom got fed up with people bitching and whining no matter how hard he tried to please them so he left. (Totally understandable)

I get the impression we cannot expect the same time or dedication from kleio. Understandable too, most of us have IRL to worry about. Without finding replacements for key players like nom and billy this server very well could go under. There's no I in team; one man cannot run and develop a server solo.

first professional motion design app for your Mac!

Big load Send PM

ervinjason said:

The original post is old, but the server never recovered from the BIlly and Pepsi drama.  Dozens of dedicated players quit from each of those events.  I think that hurt the server more than Admins being bitched at by ungrateful players.

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

ervinjason5 Send PM

I like this private server. After spending much time here, and given what's unique to this server that other private servers don't have, I've felt like this server is home to me.

But lately, there have been so few people online. Enough to keep this server going I'm sure, but I really hope that something is done to make this server strong again, and I feel like mentioning other RSC private servers here is considered an offense, but even though this one other server (not this one) in particular is too inflated to deserve the amount of players it has, there is a new server that opened recently.

Its rates are similar to this one and it's currently very popular. But I refuse to move over to it because I've put too much time into this one already.

This server is my home. But I feel like someday this server is going to shut down because it gets so little activity now compared to at least one other. But at least there's always character transfers. (stats but not money) I remember this one server that shut down and had character transfers to this one.

Big load Send PM

ervinjason5 said:

Its rates are similar to this one and it's currently very popular. But I refuse to move over to it because I've put too much time into this one already.

This server is my home. But I feel like someday this server is going to shut down because it gets so little activity now compared to at least one other. But at least there's always character transfers. (stats but not money) I remember this one server that shut down and had character transfers to this one.

best free video editing apps for android and ios

Everyone needs to be on 1 server.  We would have 120-150+ online.  I wish there was a way to merge but they're all so different that it wont happen.  Population counts between the 3 isn't that big either.  Each getting 40-60 online.  80+ on a good day.   It's playable, but it could be better.

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

poo fingers Send PM

ervinjason5 said:

what a troll l0l imagine being an admin of another server and resorting to making posts like this, makes you look desperate af

jaapkaru Send PM

Player avatar

cro-magnons Send PM

subscriber

jaapkaru said:

Have you played bro the server is alot better then all the other servers people just cry n will always talk shit no matter what