Updates, rates, events, staff applications, and nude photos of n0m

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

We'll be releasing several updates for this weekend, and we have several projects in the works as well as several things on the docket for future weeks. The goal is to keep cutting through these things every weekend in order to release consistent updates once again.

I'm aware some of you have lost some of the hope you had in RSCR due to the lack of activity on the development side. I can't blame any of you for feeling that way. That said, I wouldn't be making this post if I wasn't confident that n0m and Fate are 100% on board and dedicated to helping make RSCR the place we all know it can be.

Now, here's what you all have to look forward to this weekend:

Rates:

Rates will be increased for the base 4 combat stats to 3x non-subbed, 4x subbed, 3.5x non-subbed in the wilderness, and 4.5x subbed in the wilderness. All other skills will retain their original rates of 2x non-subbed and 2.5x subbed. This is something that has been discussed for a long time, and that we've thought long and hard about. Everyone is going to have their differing opinions as to what rates are the "right" rates. What's too low? What's too high? Ultimately we looked at the average values of what everyone seemed to prefer, as well as the numbers repeated most often.

Many current players and players who took a break recently are in favor of trying this in order to get the players who were holding out to start playing/playing again. The major deciding factor here is what the community wants. Keeping this in mind, I do want to point out that these changes are a one time thing, and not something to be tweaked on a whim. They will not change again, nor should they. Consistency is important here, and now that we've done what we feel is what the community wanted, we need to stand by that decision.

Banks/Certs:

This is something that covers a number of features, so we'll need to use a list here:

• Bank reordering has been fixed. Banks will no longer rearrange themselves at random and will retain their original order.
  • The bank interface has been enlarged and your inventory now shows as a separate list in order to make banking easier on players.
  • Certing items has been replaced with a "noting" system akin to RS2. Due to the positive feedback for certing all resource items, it was decided to go ahead and make a system that cuts out the middle man here. Certed items will still exist so players can uncert their items that are currently certed, but players should also understand that while certs equate to 5 of any one item, notes will be at a 1:1 ratio. This means that every note in a stack is equal to one of those items, not 5 as with certs.
  • The bank organizer will be back on the new site, better than ever. And speaking of the new site...

New Website:

The website is currently under redesign and should be ready by this weekend. New interfaces, more convenient layouts, hiding stat options, bank organizers, and more in depth calculators will all be featured on the new website design. These are features players have been asking about, as well as some added conveniences in order to make playing on RSCR more about playing the game itself.

Mage Arena:

Mage Arena has been fixed so that the missing link to the second half of the mini-quest is now present. Players who cast their respective spells 100 times in the Mage Arena mini-game will now be able to cast them outside of the arena, both in the game world and in the wilderness. Keeping in mind the tenuous relationship many RSC players have with god spells and P2P in the wilderness, however, we're also adding in:

Wilderness Toggling:

Staff members will now be able to set the wilderness into separate states. What this means is that, after a 5 minute warning (with warning messages every 60 seconds), the wilderness can be adjusted to be completely F2P, P2P with god spells, P2P without god spells, F2P up to a certain level of wilderness, with P2P with or without god spells above that level, F2P up to a certain level, P2P with no god spells up to a certain level, and P2P with god spells up to a certain level.

Global Timer:

The timer for non-subscribers in global has been set to 20 seconds instead of 60 seconds. This is something that I've been hoping to have happen for a while now. Global chat helps bring the community together, and a delay of 60 seconds just makes it a hassle to talk to one another, especially for new players.

Poison in Duels:

Poisoning other players can throw a wrench into "professional" staking, especially on low level accounts and pure staker accounts. With that in mind, poison has been disabled for duels.

Red Dragons/High Level NPCs:

Red Dragons will have drop tables added this weekend, and high level NPCs such as Red Dragons may appear in areas of conflict (38 altar, castle, etc.) for periods of time and certain events.

RSCR Combat Arena:

This is an event that was present in one form during the beta stages of RSCR. It has since been tweaked and refined. Teams of 2, 3, or 5 players can join together, enter a queue and fight other teams for glory and honor. Victories will accrue points for specific teams, which will be used in the future. I'd like to point out that while we've done extensive testing on our end, having hundreds of players go through any kind of new feature is bound to discover issues that we didn't pick up on our own. If you find any bugs, please let us know as soon as possible, as n0m and Fate will be on standby for most of the weekend in order to correct any issues and keep things running smoothly. On a personal note, I had a lot of fun testing this event and I see a lot of potential with it.

NPC Combat:

The NPCs in the battlefield southwest of Ardougne now range and fight each other. This is an amazing feat of coding on on the developers' parts and something I've never quite seen in RSC before. Again, I see a lot of potential here, especially for future events.

Staff Applications:

Finally, I will be opening the staff application section shortly. Due to Mod Luffy needing to take care of his newborn and Mod Jebby having some issues in real life currently, the workload is spread a little thin. I'll be opening up the application section for new staff members after this is posted, and if you feel like you can and want to contribute to RSCR, fill out the form and make a thread in the section. As with the last time I did this, I will be reviewing every application thoroughly and posting my findings on each applicant, both good and bad. You don't need to be a saint to be accepted, but you do need to have shown that you genuinely care about RSCR and its community.

I'd also like to say that, on a personal level, no one submitting an application should feel bad if they're not chosen. There are a number of deciding factors that come into play here, and sometimes players are just too new or inactive to be accepted. There will also be a limit as to how many I take on board at once, which I've yet to determine. I look forward to reading your applications, and working with you.

http://www.rscrevolution.com/forum/view … hp?id=2670

Note: The nude photos of n0m are for staff members only, sorry.

Player avatar

Andrey Send PM

subscriber

Came for n00ds. Disappointed. Scam post.

Player avatar

Alchemy Send PM

subscriber10donor

NIIIIIIIICCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People show this post to all your rsc friends! I will!

My main is Norm

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

Amazing.

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

Partizan said:

Amazing.

Ban Balor, Admin Hodor..

Last edited by PALLO (13 Nov 2014 20:31)

Player avatar

Seaspace Send PM

subscriber

Super cool updates, many thanks.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

So I guess the Npc's fighting each other is cool and all, but is the agility dungeon fixed? How about the barb agility course?  Or the rest of the quests? Or tweaking of skills to make them closer to classic like thieving pickpocket success rates?

Thanks for the updates though, it's great to be getting what we're getting.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

In b4 we have 100 99hp'ers by the end of the year and most of em quit. Yay!

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

B est Send PM

subscriber

What will be done to rise the playerbase?

Adverisement on civfanatics forums? Heroes3 forums? AgeII forums?

Last edited by B est (13 Nov 2014 21:29)

Player avatar

larsftw Send PM

betasubscriberDMM2_Participant

B est said:

What will be done to rise the playerbase?

Adverisement on civfanatics forums? Heroes3 forums? AgeII forums?

i dont see why its the admins/mods job to advertise on forums? - A nice advertising image has been posted by staff, share it where you feel it can get some attention.

Nice updates, lets hope it wont be too late.

[img]http://i61.tinypic.com/2mq3w39.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Dean Send PM

betasubscriber

Guess I'll be playing again!

I be on my chicken game.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Bank interface - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysk3xG27XA
Took me like 4-5 hours to make. But it is a lot better than the original in so many ways!

The battlefield -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-19hZy6GnYQ

Player avatar

Chrls brown Send PM

subscriber

wll done alex  wink

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

n0m said:

Bank interface - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysk3xG27XA
Took me like 4-5 hours to make. But it is a lot better than the original in so many ways!

The battlefield -  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-19hZy6GnYQ

Very nice bank system, should make managing things a lot quicker.

Off topic:  Could you maybe take a quick look at the fatigue system for non-combat skills?  It's experienced based, and on high experience skills it gets tedious really fast.  You can't even cook a full inventory of sharks without having to sleep in between.  Same with cutting magic logs, cant even do a full load without having to sleep.  a 1-for-1 system would probably work better, 1 action = 1 fatigue.  Or at least a raise in exp amount for 1 fatigue.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Dean Send PM

betasubscriber

Would be awesome if you guys made a new server with these rates tbh. Keep the current one at its current setting for people who want to keep playing it as it currently is.

I be on my chicken game.

Player avatar

Zeus Send PM

subscriber

Awesome work Alex and N0m.

I will +1 for Norm to be admin if he wants it, very active, nice guy, and long standing member of RSCR

Player avatar

Nightkid Send PM

subscriber

god spell mage arena still doesnt work...

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

Nightkid said:

god spell mage arena still doesnt work...

Everything will get patched in at one time. That's why all this is coming this weekend.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

Dean said:

Would be awesome if you guys made a new server with these rates tbh. Keep the current one at its current setting for people who want to keep playing it as it currently is.

We really don't have enough of a playerbase to split our community in two.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul

Player avatar

Arson Send PM

subscriber

I do see a possible issue with the noting. I know when alching something noted on rs2, it alched the entire stack for the price of 1 item. Is there a way to alch notes individually in place, or was this not thought of?