High level drops (dragons, black demons, fire giants)

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

Fire giants now have drop tables, which include dragon mediums and both halves of the dragon square shield currently. I've chosen to give them both halves as the Legend's Quest isn't ready yet but I'd rather not have people stuck with one half for now.

I'm going to wait a while to see how they're received, as they're pretty heavily customized due to RSC's default drops being pretty abysmal. They may be tweaked in any number of ways in the future, which may include certain items being removed as I get more data further along down the road.

I'll work on getting dragons and black demons ready as well, but I may not release them immediately, depending on how I feel about the scaling of the drops and the results people are getting. I don't want to overdo it and end up with people getting way too much in a short time, but at the same time I don't want people investing hours and tons of prayer pots/food into hunting these only to get an inventory full of junk. I'll play it by ear and see how it goes.

For now, if you're interested in killing them, please spend some time at fire giants so I can get a better feel for what people are getting.

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

Thanks a lot.

Player avatar

leded Send PM

subscriber

so, the half shields are now legit?? .. are players able to trade them now?

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

Yes. Based on what n0m said about the hard coded odds, they're close enough to what I set that I'm not too worried about them.

Player avatar

Rankone Send PM

subscriber200donor

Epic.

Bullshit = Main.
Dream = 99 smither / Godmage.