Spam Click Catch Offs

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

Remove spam click catch offs.

If you attain a catch off, it should be because you have better timing than the other guy, not because you know how to stand three squares away and spam click.

An attacker is penalized by stopping if he clicks too early. Should be a similar penalty to someone attempting a catch off.

Remove spam click catch offs for Droid and PC.

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

I’m just gonna go ahead and say -1, you can try and argue but the result will undeniably be the same as it has been all these years when this suggestion has been made, I’ve seen it suggested on every server and always shot down with the same tldr answer:

No

And here’s why

It’s one of the only in game features that actually adds a bit of diversity to PKing. Imagine if everyone could only right click? You could just click insanely close to your opponents feet at all times and you would never miss. I bet some people would still manage to miss. What would be the fun in that? I’m failing to see it personally.

I’m not going to sit here and disagree with the fact the way you can spam left click to get someone off of your alt or teammate is kind of annoying and doesn’t require a whole lot of skill. That doesn’t mean that it doesn’t require some skill though there is an element to it. How is this feature removed without removing left click altogether or potentially messing up other catching mechanics? Again struggling to see it

If anything, make it a Android only QOL feature that you can choose a right or left click only mode. Otherwise just leave it alone

Last edited by xfermepoop (28 Jul 2022 08:26)

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Renevald Send PM

subscriber

1s penalty for clicking too early and left click remains