Month long competitions with 24 hour play limits. Huge potential!

Player avatar

Synbios Send PM

subscriber

Hey guys,

You know how sometimes we do deadman competitions and ironman skilling competitions? We should host them fairly regularly to give people another reason to log in and play. BUT we need to change the rules a little. Obviously, people with an actual IRL don't even bother with these competitions because they know it's not possible to win against the people playing 16 hours a day.

It's very easy to fix this problem. Very easy. Make the competition span a whole month, but with your fresh new character you only have exactly 24 hours of play time before your XP rate drops to 0, ending your competition entry. This not only ensures that pretty much everybody has a fair chance to win, but it adds a huge element of strategy. The smartest and most efficient player will win, not the one that has unlimited free time to waste away.

We can always change around winning parameters. It could be highest skill total, total XP, literally hundreds of possibilities here. Imagine a max skill total or XP competition, but with both iron-man and deadman-type gameplay. Could be a blast, especially knowing people can't no-life the shit out of it. If for some reason 24 hours is excessive, we could always adjust the time down. 8-12 hours I'd imagine would be minimum.

Rewards could be player-donated items and a handful of subs. Doesn't have to be huge, but enough to entice people to join in. I got rich from the last few holiday events so I'd be happy to throw in some stuff.

This game needs new life and I think done right this is one of the best ways to do it along with the new slayer update which is hopefully in the pipeline. I'm hopeful with the NPC teaser added to edgeville!

Last edited by Synbios (22 Feb 2022 20:29)

Player avatar

Xyz123 Send PM

subscriber

I absolutely love your idea and enthusiasm. Great ideas. I'll make sure this post gets attention from staff too.

Player avatar

Mod T Send PM

Player avatar

Smiller Send PM