Examining Why I Stopped Logging In

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Just today I realized I haven't logged in for over a week. To those who don't like me, you can just stop reading now as this will not interest you.

Every time I think of logging in I decide to browse forums instead because it's more interesting and actually fun to me.  Logging on was getting more of a drag every time I did.  Global chat started to grate on my nerves since the majority not only sounded like high school drop outs(which in itself is not necessarily a bad thing other than being unable to write intelligently) but also appeared to be proud drug addicts who like nothing more than to chat about their affliction on global.  Just not very stimulating.  So I blocked global.  Then I keep getting messages saying there is a free event for such and such, which is populated by the same bunch that I didn't want to hear on global.  These events ultimately serve as mere interruptions to gameplay and so I swore these off as well.  Then I decide I will make a pker or two at the standard pk lvls.  Wildy's dead except if you want to build four flats chars to be competitive and then it's still only sporadic.  Then I decide I'll save for a phat like I had back in the day.  Nope, economy's fked and hoarders own all the pixels. 

So now I don't log in.  I've got a love for classic that will never die but the game has for the most part.  I look at the forums on my breaks at work since it's the only thing that feels like it used to.  Pity.

P.S- In b4 someone says "just leave then, (enter expletive)"

Last edited by Eww Bald (8 May 2018 03:18)

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Jayru Send PM

Your viewpoint seems bleak.

Last edited by Jayru (8 May 2018 03:32)

Player avatar

Sosa Send PM

DMM2_PKer

wish i stopped reading when u told me to

[img]https://i.imgur.com/5EbruRm.jpg[/img]
*beta tester *combat formula tester *first to slay whiteboy 3x in a row *first to kill someone with a pickaxe *first ironman in legends guild *first to dismantle swordpire *first pk in rscr

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s5KdyZE.png[/img]

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

I agree with most of your points the chat is General is very toxic but I have played part of it just to entertain myself.

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

Semirotta Send PM

The chat is toxic simply because it is allowed to be toxic. Certain type of toxicity gets stopped straight away but pretty much all the time few people are extremely toxic in the chat no matter what and its always the same people.
The events could be less common, I have to admit that these things do run too often and there for I wouldnt even call them anything special anymore. I'd rather enjoy events once in a while with bit higher prizes instead of small prizes and constant event runs. But yeah, I feel you.

Lol...

Player avatar

o0ps13 Send PM

Sosa said:

Turtles

Player avatar

Stinger splash2 Send PM

o0ps13 said:

Sosa said:

Player avatar

Jauro2 Send PM

Stinger splash2 said:

o0ps13 said:

Sosa said:

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

See, all the drugs have impaired y'all's brains.  I told you explicitly if you don't like me, don't bother reading.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

Old Frank Send PM

Dissatisfaction acknowledged.

It sounds like you're just sick of the game-- bloody obvious, yeah. But consider that mebbe the game isn't supposed to be so incredible that you can play it your entire life. It's sad to stop doing what you enjoyed, I've left game worlds myself, and missed them even tho I chose not to play. Sometimes you wear out, or outgrow, the place you hang out. Even the pixel places.

The rscr experience is, factually, changing. So you either adapt, or don't, or return with a fresh perspective. If the ppl in general are grating on you then mebbe take a break. But who knows who will come into the world next that you will enjoy.

"..one bastard goes in the door, another comes out." 
-Tuco,
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

-also Red Frank ingame - and Mad Frank (ultimate ironman)-

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Old Frank said:

It sounds like you're just sick of the game-- bloody obvious, yeah. But consider that mebbe the game isn't supposed to be so incredible that you can play it your entire life. It's sad to stop doing what you enjoyed, I've left game worlds myself, and missed them even tho I chose not to play. Sometimes you wear out, or outgrow, the place you hang out. Even the pixel places.

The rscr experience is, factually, changing. So you either adapt, or don't, or return with a fresh perspective. If the ppl in general are grating on you then mebbe take a break. But who knows who will come into the world next that you will enjoy.

-Tuco,

Hey thanks for the thoughtful response, Frank.

Ever since I started this game I was drawn to pking and making pkers.  It turns out that yeah, you need to adapt by making multiple characters and pk with them all at once.  This spoils the fun of pking for me so you're probably right.  I like the other aspects of the game but not enough for it to hold my interest.

Cheers, M8

Player avatar

Trupk3r Send PM

subscriber

Well welcome to private servers at 2018.. If you dont have time to make 1000 accounts... U wont be able to PK for fun. =)

Ex RSCRevolution Moderator. https://www.twitch.tv/mrgava

Player avatar

B U B B A Send PM

subscriber

Didn't read, but you sound like a bitch.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/DLqmWq1.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

Trupk3r said:

Well welcome to private servers at 2018.. If you dont have time to make 1000 accounts... U wont be able to PK for fun. =)

Yeah I'm coming to realize this and it's a real bummer.  I don't even have one flats char; not even close.

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

B U B B A said:

Didn't read, but you sound like a bitch.

Well, you sound like you have no life.  Thanks for posting though, I guess.

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

Sosa said:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Miz Send PM

Hell, I can barely make one flat. Haven’t even done that yet. I remember my first day on the server which I think was the day you posted this. I was arguing with people in the global about how sad it was they were all getting wasted by themselves and playing rscrevolution. I got so much shit everyone told me to leave and I’m shit and I have low skill total. Attitudes like this will drive off newer players. I’m used to such toxicity so I just laughed it off. smile

[img=92Explorer]http://www.auplod.com/u/poadlua9aa5.png[/img]

Player avatar

Nerdy Send PM

subscriber

Old Frank said:

-Tuco,

^ This is the truth, I played WoW for 12 years, and have not now for about 1.5-2 years. I miss it from time to time, but still choose to not play.  On RSC, I quit for about 9 months when it was boring me, or when I stopped enjoying it - & I can say I do enjoy playing it now.. but even still, it just.. changes.  The older you get, the more you realize what used to be a thrill is less important to you.  All I used to do was PK on here, or PvP on PvP only servers on WoW - but I guess I just stopped being super competitive, or caring about it all that much.  You may be due for a breather.

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

You cannot let others ruin something good for you.

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

skillystr said:

You cannot let others ruin something good for you.

Problem is, community is one of the reasons I ever liked classic in the first place.  Maybe the qualities that were endearing in 10 year olds just aren't so attractive when you're 30.  You're supposed to change just a little bit in maturity level in 20 years, right?