Google Play Application taken down.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

sellerane said:

I would rather have classic sprites and look then have the android app. so I'd prefer keeping it as is.

It isn't about having android app, it's about making this game popular again.

This.
id rather have a slightly edited game with 200-300 online then 50 online on original and half have 2 chars on lmao.
players should be our focus right now. unless u wanna no life a dead game
have fun playin a dead game lmao
its a mmorpg remember

Player avatar

Gawain Send PM

It's nice to see the community coming together to help make this happen. I have high hopes that n0m and all involved will create a fantastic experience in the same vein as RSC. Can't launch soon enough, I wanna get started! big_smile

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I would love to pick my developer/modeling team from the RSC scene, because they know what we are aiming for. So if you have any experience at all in modelling contact me on skype, no0om92.

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

I would love to pick my developer/modeling team from the RSC scene, because they know what we are aiming for. So if you have any experience at all in modelling contact me on skype, no0om92.

I could help you out, I have sick paint skills.

Player avatar

Dean Send PM

betasubscriber

I'd like to see a base as well, seems like a good idea! In my opinion, why not cast a vote if the community actually wants to transfer stats, versus everyone starting this new game on equal footing at level 3?

You could also have the third option to leave this server open and open the new game.

Last edited by Dean (1 Mar 2015 18:52)

I be on my chicken game.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Why not just different graphics on android version, and still keep the RSC client for old school RSC players on PC who wants to keep em? since the game is going to be exactly the same but different graphics.

So 2 different game clients? one for RSC players one for new base?

this appeals to the main audiences I believe currently have:

RSC players
players looking for a game like RS
new MMO players

maybe a toggle also on PC version? RSC sprites or new sprites?

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Dean said:

I'd like to see a base as well, seems like a good idea! In my opinion, why not cast a vote if the community actually wants to transfer stats, versus everyone starting this new game on equal footing at level 3?

You could also have the third option to leave this server open and open the new game.

Third option sounds nice too.

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

Dean said:

Third option sounds nice too.

this server isn't even a year old so resetting the stats seems like the worst idea as it would ensure players had 0 confidence you wont just reset stats again within another year. And creating another server and leaving the other to die just splits player base and would leave both with a low player count. Mind you that's just my opinion I just know I played on another server that reset itself and started over last year and they never reached the player count they had prior to the reset ever again afterwards.

The only way this plan works to create a whole new skin to the game would be to transfer everything from existing server (stats, items, etc) and just give the new look. I also recommend adding full screen and the Up and down arrow camera functions to the game if your going to be doing such a major overhaul.

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

straightouttacompton Send PM

subscriber

would server handle 2000 players like old ones did ? imagine that big_smile

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

sellerane said:

this server isn't even a year old so resetting the stats seems like the worst idea as it would ensure players had 0 confidence you wont just reset stats again within another year. And creating another server and leaving the other to die just splits player base and would leave both with a low player count. Mind you that's just my opinion I just know I played on another server that reset itself and started over last year and they never reached the player count they had prior to the reset ever again afterwards.

This. sellerane u couldnt have put it better. dont seperate games. and dont reset stats

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Why do you people constantly think that if we start a new game we will wipe this server? This sever will remain exactly how it is.

Player avatar

vahnx Send PM

subscriber100donor

The nice thing about android is there's multiple app stores. Put it on some of the others wink

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

make new game faster xp better runes drop you will have 1000m players easy

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

delete lul

~K!zL

Last edited by KizL (2 Mar 2015 10:23)

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

Opening up a separate server is like giving a slow death penalty for the current one, no doubt about that.
Essentially the same as wiping the current one and starting afresh.
After playing here for a year I'll be quite let down if things go down that way..

If the current server doesn't get shut out from the flow of new players by dividing the servers, or you'll give out the option to transfer stats & items to new server and there'll be no wipes or anything else gets done that serves to undermine my efforts thus far, I'll donate for this project, since it is a great idea otherwise.

Would it be possible to provide compatible clients where the other one has new graphics and the other has RSC graphics?

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

Turilas said:

Would it be possible to provide compatible clients where the other one has new graphics and the other has RSC graphics?

What I suggested also smile

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Turilas said:

Opening up a separate server is like giving a slow death penalty for the current one, no doubt about that.
After playing here for a year I'll be quite let down if things go down that way..

If the current server doesn't get shut out from the flow of new players by dividing the servers, or you'll give out the option to transfer stats & items to new server and there'll be no wipes or anything else gets done that serves to undermine my efforts thus far, I'll donate for this project, since it is a great idea otherwise.

We will most likely link the two games together, but I don't know how far into making it our game will we go, this is all to be discussed later on, but I highly dislike the idea of having the rscrevolution client and the new game available at same time, it's asking for trouble once it becomes popular.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

n0m said:

Turilas said:

We will most likely link the two games together, but I don't know how far into making it our game will we go, this is all to be discussed later on, but I highly dislike the idea of having the rscrevolution client and the new game available at same time, it's asking for trouble once it becomes popular.

The new game will be better anyways. It's not worth the risk if you ask me to try and keep rsc stuff.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

n0m said:

Turilas said:

The new game will be better anyways. It's not worth the risk if you ask me to try and keep rsc stuff.

~K!zL

replica with small improvements and classic graphics is the best, it cant get any better IMO aside from camera movement up and down, and full screen.

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Massageparlo Send PM

subscriber

This dev/mod team actually has heart and soul, UNLIKE rscrevolution.  These guys are what rscrevolution should have been.

Create your own game.  Grow the player base.  Make improvements to game mechanics.  I originally started programming (and then majored in comp sci) because I was infatuated with RSC and how it brought together so many people.  I always wanted to make a game like RSC (but improved) but never was able to due to lack of motivation while attempting it solo.  Doing it by yourself sucks and quickly becomes boring.  Others around me were too busy chasing tail and not willing to work hard or maintain interest in projects for very long so I asked myself why I was bothering and stopped after a few weeks of work.

If this thing really is going to happen I need to start brushing up on my java again (or would you use something else n0m?) and would happily lend a hand if needed.

There's always the option of keeping RSC the way it is but only with new graphics, or taking certain elements that were great about RSC and using them to make an entirely new game that blows RSC out of the fucking water.  I'm opting for the later, ie. RSC style polished, badass version.

Last edited by Massageparlo (6 Mar 2015 02:14)

You gotta pay the troll toll to get into this friend's hole.