RSCRevolution Update

• «
  • 1 (current)

Player avatar

Fate Send PM

beta

Hello RSCRevolutioners!

We know there has been a lot of inactivity regarding updates for quite a while. I have been working on my life situation lately and have had less to no  time to give RSCR. No we are not giving up and there will be more updates in the near future.

We have done some bug fixing and below is a list of things that has been solved. Me and n0m are also currently working on a minigame for you which will contain a reward system. Rewards are not yet decided and will be discussed thoroughly before releasing this mini game.

If you have any thoughts you'd like to see in a PK minigame, feel free to post them in this post. IE: Range/Mage zones, reward ideas, safe zones(?), health areas? Maybe crates with randomized PK supplies? etc.. If you have any other event ideas you can post them here aswell.

-Private block has been fixed.
-Last hit running from a duel fixed.
-Invisible bug hopefully solved.
-Friendlist crash fixed.
-getting stuck on agility obstacles if your level is too low fixed.
-Wine health bug fixed.
-Fishing Contest: can't leave fishing competition area fixed.
-Getting stuck in a duel when an object is in the way fixed.
-Druidic Ritual quest: The door where the suits of armour are located are now shut and you'll be attacked when trying to walk through the door.
-Dwarf Cannon quest: Lollk spawns from the crate now.
-Dwarf Cannon quest: When making cannonballs, the smelting message begins with "nothing interesting happens" fixed.
-Dwarf Cannon quest: Smelting cannonballs updating the stack of cannonballs correctly now.
-Scorpion Catcher quest: The scorpions are now being respawned again after picking them up with a cage.
-Scorpion Catcher quest: You can now receieve the scorpion cage again if you've lost it.
-Fighting Arena quest: The Khali Brew are now being removed from your inventory when you're giving it to the Guard.
-Fighting Arena quest: Jeremy Servil are now being respawned in the cage.
-Family Crest quest: Gold ores can now be mined and smelted.
-Family Crest quest: You can get one of the gauntlets after completing quest.
-Family Crest quest: All the additional bonuses has been added for all the Gauntlets.
-Tribal Totem quest: RPDT Employee deliver your crate correctly now.
-Merlins Crystal quest: Morgan Le Faye dialogue corrected.
-Merlins Crystal quest: The beggar npc appear when you try to walk through the door, recieving the Excaliber sword if you give him bread fixed.
-Merlins Crystal quest: Getting a bucket of wax from the beehive removes bucket from your inventory now.
-Sheep Herder quest: The sheeps respawning correctly now.
-Sea Slug quest: After heating Uncooked Swamp paste the "nothing interesting happens" text appears fixed.
-Sea Slug quest: Dialogue with Holgart corrected.
-Dragonslayer quest: The door into the map piece requires 4 items in order to enter the door, when trying to walk through the door it took your items and you were not walking through the door has been fixed.
-Tree Gnome Village quest: Commander Montai accept your logs now.
-Plague City quest: Dialogue correction with the Clerk.
-Hero's quest: Able to finish the quest without the requirements has been fixed, starting the quest without the requirements has also been fixed.

All the quest mentioned above has been tested after bug fixing and are fully working.

Thank you for playing RSCRevolution and your continued support. We are still working on bug fixes / missing content as well as some new event games.

Done in one take, because in life there are no repeats.

Player avatar

Nightkid Send PM

subscriber

no dragon drops yet ?! = =

Player avatar

Hobbster12 Send PM

subscriber

Awesome. Thanks for the bug fixes. Can finally finish the stupid Tree gnome quest!

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for that, but really need those high lvl npc drops.

Player avatar

Alchemy Send PM

subscriber10donor

Very nice and long list of stuff done. Good job! : )

My main is Norm

Player avatar

joe dirt Send PM

subscriber

Good job  :cool:       Keep on keeping on!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/JuEXDJj.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Andrey Send PM

subscriber

Any update on the exp increase?

Player avatar

molder Send PM

subscriber

Would be happier if instead of all those quests fixed, there would be dragon/demon loots fixed.. meeh.

Every like saves a kid in africa-
https://www.facebook.com/Xerathonscript/

Player avatar

Hobbster12 Send PM

subscriber

Alex has said multiple times that they were talking about it and would put the discussion into public view after they were done. Think he mentioned this weekend sometime hopefully.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Andrey said:

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Dean Send PM

betasubscriber

KizL said:

Andrey said:

~K!zL

I be on my chicken game.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Dean said:

KizL said:

Andrey said:

~K!zL

n0m was in-game yesterday and said flat out, "exp rates will never change."

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

S O B BSpace said:

Dean said:

KizL said:

~K!zL

As I've said before, rates are one of the topics in the staff meeting thread. We're still waiting currently for a few staff members to weigh in. No one staff decides what happens or doesn't happen on RSCR.

Once I have feedback from every staff member who responds, I'll sort the issues by things almost everyone agrees on, things that are divided, and things almost no one agrees on. The topics everyone agrees on will go straight to you all, and then we'll get the playerbase's input on those topics, because any big changes shouldn't be made without actually getting the players' thoughts on them first.

Player avatar

Dean Send PM

betasubscriber

Mod Alex said:

S O B BSpace said:

As I've said before, rates are one of the topics in the staff meeting thread. We're still waiting currently for a few staff members to weigh in. No one staff decides what happens or doesn't happen on RSCR.

Once I have feedback from every staff member who responds, I'll sort the issues by things almost everyone agrees on, things that are divided, and things almost no one agrees on. The topics everyone agrees on will go straight to you all, and then we'll get the playerbase's input on those topics, because any big changes shouldn't be made without actually getting the players' thoughts on them first.

I be on my chicken game.

Player avatar

S O B BSpace Send PM

subscriber5donorDMM2_Participant

Mod Alex said:

S O B BSpace said:

n0m was pretty adamant about it, and I'm simply relaying what he said, but even with the system you are saying is in place, it shows at least one staff member is firmly against exp increase, so it would definitely not be a unanimous decision to change, hence it would not go to a playerbase input anytime soon, so it is still a pretty accurate response to Andrey's question.

Vet Paul
Iron Paul
Paul
[img]http://i.imgur.com/or9jdo2.png[/img]

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

My apologies. The topics most everyone on the team agrees on will get presented to you all. I didn't mean to imply that unanimity was required, I just left out a word. I don't feel that any one voice should completely veto every other voice, although I do think that voice should still be heard out. That's why the discussion thread exists, and why once everyone has given their input, I'll go through and compile what everyone's thoughts on each issue is. Just currently waiting on a few staff members with particularly busy schedules to put in their responses.

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

So you guys are voting on should we add high npc drops aswell?

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

We should have added them before P2P was released, but that wasn't possible ultimately. Drops are currently a topic I listed in the staff discussion as I feel that with the knowledge we have of rscrevolution's default drops, "replicating" those drops won't really suit a RSC private server, especially considering the degree of high level and impure pking that goes on versus original RSC. Since we already have a large majority of the team in favor of it with none opposed, I'm going to start working out a "middle ground" for the drops. I don't want to see ridiculous quantities or frequencies of items put in, but at the same time, the results we have for RSC default drops just aren't reasonable and as much as I love the concept of a proper replica, I can't help but repeat the fact that rscrevolution didn't get everything right when making this game.

Player avatar

Partizan Send PM

subscriber

But you realise that you guys are losing players every day with this "discussing, voting, waiting" thing. Some might come back, some probably wont. I wont log into the game until there are some decent updates what really matter.

Player avatar

Alex Send PM

subscriber

Believe me, I'm aware. I wanted these points to be discussed the other weekend in a live meeting, but due to 6 timezones, it wasn't a feasible option. Since the changes proposed can heavily affect the server, I can't just take the reigns and say "this is what's going to happen," even if I'd have liked to have done that weeks ago. The staff team deserves to weigh in, and the playerbase deserves to have their voice heard as well.

• «
  • 1 (current)