ironman vet.

Player avatar

torque13 Send PM

subscriber

Currently playing ironman vet mode, struggling as a mid level to find some runes. Any have any tips on mid level rune drops. Looking for fire/nature/laws specifically. but anything will help me level magic.

Player avatar

torque13 Send PM

subscriber

also, was reading an old post, in RSC natures were a common drop by pirates and thugs, been grinding them and not getting common nature drops.. any thoughts

Player avatar

Mod Vinkie Send PM

Banned

Early ironman nats and laws can be hard to get. Laws are commonly farmed at Otherwordly Beings, and Natures can be farmed from Jogres. Hobgoblins also drop a fair amount. Darkwizards are only level 13 or 25 and can be found west of Falador. The best thing would be to focus on raising your combat skills and killing dragons or black demons. Once you unlock the Legends guild basement and have access to those and fire giants, runes and other goodies will be easy to obtain. Natures aren't really needed early on since you can sell to shops for a decent price, and go for other types for skilling to get consistent gp.

I personally farmed a couple of nats, and especially laws at chaos druids early on, although they only drop one at a time.
Unlocking glider and spirit tree transportation, using laws sparingly and making good use of the Home teleport spell goes a long way smile Eventually you'll reach the point where it all comes easy, especially after you've unlocked the quest cape, and eventually dragonstone amulets, after which you don't need many runes to get around.

Another option would be to buy the elemental runes from magic shops (varrock, port sarim or magic guild), and optionally combat runes at the mage arena shop, although those last ones are quite pricey.
Good luck on the account. May RNG be with you big_smile

Player avatar

Synesthesic Send PM

subscriber

Farm Chickens to 40 40 40 40. Immediately move to Ardougne Hobgoblins and farm them till whatever Combat Level you so choose.

Chickens = Feathers for Fletching.

Ardougne Hobgoblins = Nature’s, Laws, Earths, Waters, Cosmics, Coins, Herbs, Limps & Snapes.

As you specifically mention the desire for Laws & Nature’s I can confirm that Hobs drop 2 Law’s & 2 Nature’s at a time. They have a Combat Level of 48, with an extremely rare max hit of 6 and a common max hit of 5. It is advisable to have a good reserve of food prior to starting the Hob grind.

If you want to ensure the Hobs remain Aggro toward you, do not go above 97.75 Combat. I would recommend this approach to all IM and to do it first before leveling other Combat Skills or completing Quests that reward Combat XP in the Skills kept at 1 in the below list so as to ensure maximum Hob farming efficiency. The build would be —

99 ATT
99 DEF
93 STR
99 HP
1 RNG
1 PRA
1 MAG

Combat Level: 97.75

Exact process I do for all my Alts.

Perfect for Vet IM.

Enjoy!

Last edited by Synesthesic (13 Dec 2018 19:53)

No.1 Ranger

Player avatar

torque13 Send PM

subscriber

thanks guys!