The Fix-Future Of RscRevolution

Player avatar

terror2 Send PM

subscriber

Just let players choose their wilderness type, between f2p/p2p at the character level. Only allow switching between f2p & p2p outside of wild. Should be a lot easier to program if you think of it this way too.

god spells & iban just need balancing to fit in p2p wild (e.g. some form of nerfs).

something very obvious to show if a player is f2p or p2p. e.g. if you are p2p make it so everybody in f2p appears like a ghost to you and vise versa.

Last edited by terror2 (10 May 2018 08:21)

Player avatar

dippymister Send PM

subscriber

This makes quite a bit of sense, actually. And the ghost idea ^ is nice too -- something visual to quickly see if you can attack them or not.

As a non-pker this would get me into the wild much more often. It would make training in the wild more realistic and make treasure trails a lot easier. It also has the potential to alleviate some of the multi-logging problems -- hard to make a call as to whether you want all of your chars in wild p2p or f2p. Unless you have like 20 characters and can do 10 in each tongue (which doesn't seem too unrealistic given what I see on the pking forum)

I'm all for it.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

zwiebel said:

Just let players choose their wilderness type, between f2p/p2p at the character level. Only allow switching between f2p & p2p outside of wild. Should be a lot easier to program if you think of it this way too.

god spells & iban just need balancing to fit in p2p wild (e.g. some form of nerfs).

something very obvious to show if a player is f2p or p2p. e.g. if you are p2p make it so everybody in f2p appears like a ghost to you and vise versa.

I was informed by administration that this would not be hard to program. Awesome idea about the ghost add on. Thank you guys for helping improve this idea.

1st to max out on rscrevolution and 3rd.
Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.
Only player to max out more then once on rscrevolution.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Would be neat if you kill a player and they turn to ghost. As a ghost you could still move around but once and watch....one you click repawn you back in lumby.

Only player with 3 maxed accounts active on rscrevolution. 1 over a billion xp 1 over 600m and 1 over 300m.

Player avatar

Tjd9 Send PM

subscriberDMM2_SkillerDMM2_Participant

zwiebel said:

+1 everything in this thread. I like this idea the best though. As a skiller and ironman I only go in wilderness on p2p days. I would be out there alot more often.

My addition to the topic is that most f2p ppl are skilled pkers and most p2p are skillers like myself. I would allow a f2p to initiate an attack against a p2p if they so choose. but not vice versa. I dunno how hard that would be to code though. I could see afkers 3 iteming with a dammy or 1 Addy arrow or something like that equipped and being able to avoid pkers (as most pkers would choose f2p) . Wildy should be a dangerous place to train hence the xp boost.

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Tjd9 said:

zwiebel said:

+1 everything in this thread. I like this idea the best though. As a skiller and ironman I only go in wilderness on p2p days. I would be out there alot more often.

My addition to the topic is that most f2p ppl are skilled pkers and most p2p are skillers like myself. I would allow a f2p to initiate an attack against a p2p if they so choose. but not vice versa. I dunno how hard that would be to code though. I could see afkers 3 iteming with a dammy or 1 Addy arrow or something like that equipped and being able to avoid pkers (as most pkers would choose f2p) . Wildy should be a dangerous place to train hence the xp boost.

It would be programmed so that you cannot attack a p2p person if your f2p geared So if your f2p and tryn to have 1 p2p item it still wouldnt let you attack. You would have to all p2p type items in your inventory other them runite armor in order to attack.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

How about get rid of the wilderness danger popup shit, replace it with do u want to go into wild f2p or p2p, user decides, and cannot be altered until left wilderness

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

adidas said:

How about get rid of the wilderness danger popup shit, replace it with do u want to go into wild f2p or p2p, user decides, and cannot be altered until left wilderness

Kind of a cool idea.. Build a replica of wild, one f2p one p2p, pick before you enter... Only problem is the same as it has always been on private servers, need higher online count

Need that danger sign though cause people still don't understand after 16 years that it is a dangerous place and complain when they die

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Should just have server 1 f2p server 2 p2p.

I bet it'd work.  1 in America 1 in EU. wink

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

KizL said:

Should just have server 1 f2p server 2 p2p.

I bet it'd work.  1 in America 1 in EU. wink

~K!zL

Ya but this idea is best for 1 server and also be the only server ever to do it this has so many good points it is a must do

Player avatar

skillystr Send PM

subscriber

There will be no 'fix future' rscr.. only because players will never be satisfied. No to sound negative but it gets to a point where u have to say, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Maintain it

Last edited by skillystr (18 May 2018 12:41)

[img]http://i66.tinypic.com/15n3nyw.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

skillystr said:

There will be no 'fix future' rscr.. only because players will never be satisfied. No to sound negative but it gets to a point where u have to say, if it isn't broke don't fix it. Maintain it

+1

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

skillystr said:

+1

I do agree brother but it can always be or get better with right management.

Player avatar

Nerdy Send PM

subscriber

This is too easy to circumvent.. you could carry a p2p ring or bow, drop it to attack a f2per, pick it up to not be attacked, rinse, repeat.. could mean a g-mage or p2per could attack you.. but again, same concept.. drop the ring and now you're 'f2p' again.. maybe a good way to patch that foreseeable issue would be to set the mode (f2p or p2p) upon entering the wilderness so if you have ANY p2p items, you're flagged as p2p - this though opens a new can of worms, because you can have an alt drop you a p2p item that you pick up.. so then the work-around for that would be to make it if you're classified at f2p, you can only pick up f2p gear, and if you're classified as p2p, you can pick up f2p/p2p gear, etc..

Player avatar

Eww Bald Send PM

beatdown said:

is there a god damned ignoramus convention in here or what

If so, you're the keynote speaker.

"I see..." said the blind man as he pissed into the wind "It's all coming back to me now!".

Player avatar

JediMindTrix Send PM

subscriber

Eww Bald said:

beatdown said:

is there a god damned ignoramus convention in here or what

If so, you're the keynote speaker.

Agreed