Summer of Sno Flats PK Contest

Player avatar

Snosaven24 Send PM

subscriber

Hello fellow elite 1.8 cast rate PKers who also bring raw fish to wars. I'm here to announce a special contest meant to increase PK activity and destroy what's left of my self confidence.

What's the game? 1v1s.
When is it? Shooting for April 1st, 2023 though that date might be pushed back or up by a few days depending on my schedule.
When will it end? June 31st, 2023
What's the goal? To end with the best total score.
And the prizes? More than my broke ass can afford right now which is why I'm announcing this so early. But here is a quick rundown:

1st Place: 100 PK loadouts. That's 100 sets, 100 R2Hs, 100 diamond amulets, 100 strength potions, 5,250 swordfish, 20,000 death runes, 80,000 air runes, and 100,000 fire runes. You will also receive an OG party hat, the color of which is still TBD as I don't know who will sell what at this point.

2nd Place: 50 loadouts (half of the above,) a random new dragon item, and a random new amulet.

3rd Place: 25 loadouts (half of the above,) and a green Halloween mask.

Everything is ready to go except for the phat.

ENTRY
Message me here, in-game, or on discord with your account name and total kills/deaths to be entered into the selection process. NO ALTS, NO SECRET ACCOUNTS, NO FRESHLY MADE ACCOUNTS. Only the main account you use for PK and/or general gameplay. If at any time between now and the end of the contest I find out you're using one of those prohibited accounts, you will be disqualified. You have been warned.

The chance to enter this contest ends on March 15th, 2023.

SELECTION
Selection will be weighted toward new players and new PKers. Why? Because I suck, that's why. Also, this whole thing is meant to get people started in PK and bring some fresh blood to the wilderness. I think we can all agree that that is a good thing. Don't worry though, you seasoned PKers will still have a fair chance of being selected.

Selection will be done by a draw-from-a-hat lottery system. The lower your amount of kills and deaths are, the higher your chances of being selected. So, in theory, a phenom with a 90-10 k/d has the exact same chance as a casual player with a 30-70 k/d, but that casual player has a higher chance of being selected than a vet with years of kills and deaths under their belt.

Here's how the ticket system is broken down:

2,000+ kills and deaths = 1 ticket
1,500+ kills and deaths = 2 tickets
1,000+ kills and deaths = 3 tickets
500+ kills and deaths = 4 tickets
250+ kills and deaths = 5 tickets
50+ kills and deaths = 6 tickets.

I'm selecting 10 people at random to participate in this event. Much more than that and I wouldn't have time for anything else but Rev.

THE FIGHTS
All 1v1s will be done at the Edgeville or Varrock border areas whenever both parties are available and want to engage in fights. Every fight is for fun, I won't be keeping your gear if I win and you don't need to return my gear to me if I lose.

THE SCORING FORMULA
Win percentage + total number of fights x .01

For example, if you only finish 10 1v1s and go 10-0, your win percentage is 1.000. 10 fights x .01 is .01, which gives you a total score of 1.010.

If you finish 135 1v1s and go 57-78, your win percentage is 0.422. 135 fights x .01 is 1.35, which gives you a total score of 1.772.

Or, you could absolutely destroy me throughout the entire contest, racking up a record of 100-20 and still beat the person who fought me with an iron mace 200 times and went 1-199, beating him or her by a score of 2.033 to 2.005.

So, while quantity is weighted a little more heavily than quality, the best PKers still have the best chance, mathematically, of winning unless they are completely outdone by some lunatic with an iron mace who ensures victory by marching to his death 7,000 times.

Also, as a side note, please don't do that. Use an R2H not an iron mace. Quantity can be a bad thing and I will stop fighting you if you are insistent upon coming at me with full bronze and wind strikes every 2 minutes.

OVERVIEW OF THE RULES
Again, no secret accounts, secret alts, or fresh accounts. You must use a flats you already have at your disposal or, if you are a new player and don't yet have a flats, you are allowed to enter your main account as long as it is flats by the time the contest begins. (99 attack, 99 defenese, 99 strength, 99 hits, at least 69 magic, and ideally 80+ prayer)

No score farming, as I stated above. I'm not handing you free deaths nor am I letting you farm me for kills by also gearing up in full bronze. Fair fights all around.

I'll be posting the updated standings in the discord PK channel every few days once things get underway. So, get ready, hone your skills, get some sets, and I'll be seeing you, and Lumby, soon.

Last edited by Snosaven24 (6 Mar 2023 19:28)

Muted Send PM

someone with 2000 kills will have 21 tickets

1,500+ kills and deaths = 2 tickets
1,000+ kills and deaths = 3 tickets
500+ kills and deaths = 4 tickets
250+ kills and deaths = 5 tickets
50+ kills and deaths = 6 tickets.

should it be

1500-1999 kills and deaths = 2 tickets
1000-1490 kills and deaths = 3 tickets