A bit of your community is killing your game.

Player avatar

Giga Boss Send PM

It's honestly hilarious how committed a small section of this player-base is to being unpleasant. In the 2 days I've been on here I've seen:

• Buying out the entire server stock of important resources and increasing the price by nearly 1500%
  • Door slamming people to permanently lock them out of an area with switch activated gates
  • People with twinks of every level bracket to rag others trying to afk on wildy rats/chicken in zero risk

Like even if I wanted to PvP in this game and I wasn't just trying to make a supply mule, why the fuck would I want to participate when people want to actively hamper your progress to get to PvP build levels for zero gain?

i would like to say I have met some nice people, but a lot fewer than I the ones I meet that are total losers.

Player avatar

Pepe Thefrog Send PM

Not defending those griefers, but you have to understand they were in the game since 2001. Some people only played RS classic to slam doors on players. Some people on RSCR "merch" by spending all their money on a niche resource and jack the price up ten times because they get the same sort of fun out of it as the door slammers, even if they don't earn much doing it.

As for those people with 'smurfs' spread out every 4 levels or so enabling them to kill afkers who are literally any level in low level wildy, I do agree it's somewhat scummy, but what can be done about it? Making that many characters means the player practically lives inside the game. It's not illegal, even if it's scummy. They have a fully geared hero from every single level at 4 intervals from 5, 9 all the way to 123.

This is a very small community though which makes the griefers stand out. Most players don't bother doing that. However if you have those 10 griefers here doing these things (who have been doing it in RS for the last 20 years) and we have 60 players online at any time, it seems like a ton of people are doing it. But it's just a small core group of trolls.

edit -I wont bet money on this, but I *think* a mod will teleport a constant door slammer out of your way if you message them. They are obstructing your gameplay.

Last edited by Pepe Thefrog (26 Jul 2021 13:03)

Player avatar

Giga Boss Send PM

Theres a reason rscrevolution's GE has buy limits to prevent this sort of ham fisted merching

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Pepe Thefrog said:

As for those people with 'smurfs' spread out every 4 levels or so enabling them to kill afkers who are literally any level in low level wildy, I do agree it's somewhat scummy, but what can be done about it? Making that many characters means the player practically lives inside the game. It's not illegal, even if it's scummy. They have a fully geared hero from every single level at 4 intervals from 5, 9 all the way to 123.

Or they share with like 5+ people so they have 100+ accounts between them.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook