Transfers pt. 224675382

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

I'm not going to list all the arguments for transfers because at this point just about everyone has heard them multiple times already.

The reason I made this thread was to point out that our main competitor is now offering transfers from other servers, including ours, and I think that we should respond with the same in order to remain competitive.

Cheers.

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Hello Turilas, thank you for the post, I'm sure you're posting this in best interest of RSCR, but I don't believe that we should be accepting transfers. Especially from OSRS...

I have to admit though, that we did and still do accept RSCLegacy transfers, but we only do them because we have managed to acquire their database, domains, facebook page and other property. We can control who we transfer, we can check logs, proof of ownership, see if chars stats have been manually adjusted or bought.

I assume you're talking about a competitor that starts with E, in my opinion, that they are doing is a complete disaster and a HUGE middle finger to anyone who does any training or skilling legitimately. They are playing the short game, we're playing the long game. There is a good reason why RSCR is running strong for a long time and have competitors come and go and this is the reason.

We won’t be accepting any transfers that make our players effort worthless, we won’t be spawning any items that make our economy worthless. These are easy ways to lure people to play for a while, but not on the long term.

We will lure players back with updates and work, they can lure our players for a month with some spawned items to pk with smile

Player avatar

Helpful Send PM

Kleio said:

I assume you're talking about a competitor that starts with E, in my opinion, that they are doing is a complete disaster and a HUGE middle finger to anyone who does any training or skilling legitimately. They are playing the short game, we're playing the long game. There is a good reason why RSCR is running strong for a long time and have competitors come and go and this is the reason.

^ This nails it.

-Helpful

Player avatar

fritz Send PM

subscriber

Everybody has trained a 1000 times. That's the reason they even have chrs to transfer over

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

fritz said:

Everybody has trained a 1000 times. That's the reason they even have chrs to transfer over

there really shouldn't be a reason for having to train hundreds of hours just so you can PK on a game where you have spent thousands of hours training already,have the best of both worlds, get the server popping again, or see it dying more..

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

fritz said:

there really shouldn't be a reason for having to train hundreds of hours just so you can PK on a game where you have spent thousands of hours training already,have the best of both worlds, get the server popping again, or see it dying more..

to much skilling here always been that way sadly

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

fritz said:

There wouldn't be a reason to train 1000 times, if people weren't so stupid. It was easy to see at RSCR from the start that the server was always here for the long run, not just quick moneygrab. The E server has been temporary cashmilker for many years now, once the cycle is done a reset happens and people again buy into it only to get f'd over for the 10th time. And funny part is that every time they have promises of exactly what's popular in the mind of RSC community at that exact moment whether it be slow xp or quick xp, but later they change and try to grab every single $. Once they are fucked and dead, they make a reset and promise players again the "perfect" server in that moment.

Player avatar

xfermepoop Send PM

subscriber

PALLO said:

Jauroo said:

fritz said:

There wouldn't be a reason to train 1000 times, if people weren't so stupid. It was easy to see at RSCR from the start that the server was always here for the long run, not just quick moneygrab. The E server has been temporary cashmilker for many years now, once the cycle is done a reset happens and people again buy into it only to get f'd over for the 10th time. And funny part is that every time they have promises of exactly what's popular in the mind of RSC community at that exact moment whether it be slow xp or quick xp, but later they change and try to grab every single $. Once they are fucked and dead, they make a reset and promise players again the "perfect" server in that moment.

dunno if u haven't noticed but both servers are pretty dead 41 online at time of writing this, just the one where it's easier to get into PKing seems to have more PKing and more players at peak

[img]https://i.imgur.com/CuVwd9w.png[/img]

Player avatar

PALLO Send PM

subscriber

xfermepoop said:

PALLO said:

Jauroo said:

dunno if u haven't noticed but both servers are pretty dead 41 online at time of writing this, just the one where it's easier to get into PKing seems to have more PKing and more players at peak

I've seen. I don't think it's so hard to make a char to pk here and know that some unstable owners such as E has had won't ruin it like they keep doing. Btw, doesn't training create PKing? For me the best pk times were when I trained and ppl tried to gank me, or I ganked them.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

PALLO said:

xfermepoop said:

PALLO said:

I've seen. I don't think it's so hard to make a char to pk here and know that some unstable owners such as E has had won't ruin it like they keep doing. Btw, doesn't training create PKing? For me the best pk times were when I trained and ppl tried to gank me, or I ganked them.

Those were the best pking times, when you had to fight over training spots etc and EVERYONE was new to the server, but this server is 5 years old now, and theres people with dozens and dozens of accounts, if you want to start now, it'll take u a lifetime to get into it, and most of the players who are around but doesn't play, simply don't have the TIME for it anymore, it's goddamn 2019. and you know theres been more servers then rev and turnip? this version of rev launched in what '13 or 14? there was the one before this that didn't last very long, theres people who have been grinding long long before and after that, and it wasn't clear that rev was here to stay tbh, the first version of rev went down, this 1 had extremely low xp rates, and at THAT time, all the low rate servers failed, so people were kinda skeptical about it, and i can understand why, just let people enjoy the game however they want it... let the ones who wish to PK, be able to pk without all the bullshit surrounding it, and the ones who wish to skill, let them skill.. best of both worlds.. it's pretty clear there needs to be done SOMETHING, earlier today we had 16 whilst other server had 70, that says something, and its going worse and worse day by day, need to react before its too late. It's VERY hard to bring players back once the server has ''died'' Rev managed to do it once, so did Legacy, this is 3mus 2nd or 3rd time that they get a bunch of the players back which is shocking. A big part of the community has quit COMPLETELY and won't be joining any server no matter what, this is a dying game get it through your thick heads.. the more time goes by, the harder it'll be... /end

Last edited by Jauroo (30 Jul 2019 20:33)

Player avatar

rubixcube Send PM

pyro sold turnip, that's why they're doing better than rev. Only reason rev was doing better numbers cuz turnip owner didn't do shit for the server. Now they finally got some competition and rev is falling behind.

Player avatar

Hungry Game Send PM

Jauroo said:

PALLO said:

xfermepoop said:

Those were the best pking times, when you had to fight over training spots etc and EVERYONE was new to the server, but this server is 5 years old now, and theres people with dozens and dozens of accounts, if you want to start now, it'll take u a lifetime to get into it, and most of the players who are around but doesn't play, simply don't have the TIME for it anymore, it's goddamn 2019. and you know theres been more servers then rev and turnip? this version of rev launched in what '13 or 14? there was the one before this that didn't last very long, theres people who have been grinding long long before and after that, and it wasn't clear that rev was here to stay tbh, the first version of rev went down, this 1 had extremely low xp rates, and at THAT time, all the low rate servers failed, so people were kinda skeptical about it, and i can understand why, just let people enjoy the game however they want it... let the ones who wish to PK, be able to pk without all the bullshit surrounding it, and the ones who wish to skill, let them skill.. best of both worlds.. it's pretty clear there needs to be done SOMETHING, earlier today we had 16 whilst other server had 70, that says something, and its going worse and worse day by day, need to react before its too late. It's VERY hard to bring players back once the server has ''died'' Rev managed to do it once, so did Legacy, this is 3mus 2nd or 3rd time that they get a bunch of the players back which is shocking. A big part of the community has quit COMPLETELY and won't be joining any server no matter what, this is a dying game get it through your thick heads.. the more time goes by, the harder it'll be... /end

blablabla still cant hear you

Jauro, PKers understand what you are saying but you are wasting your time writing the same shit for past 2 years. When has the staff ever listened to what PKers have to say? Just reverting the occasional awful updates like towers and 1IP fort that no one asked for. It takes forever to get stats, gear etc. Pking is expensive, hard to compete. Why would any new player ever bother. Pkers go where they are welcomed and where its easier to get into. Aint nobody (well some) doing the grinding again in 2019. Even the small things like tournaments being 2.5x more expensive than KBD run (what even is that? :S), extremely expensive plate/weapon rights (benefits who exactly?). I guess the staff doesnt seem to understand PKing is why a lot of the players are still around this ancient game. We get it, you dont want us here. In before same bullshit excuse as always "we are working on it, trying to improve, we value your input". Yeah right same shit, different day. Nothing has changed meanwhile skillers get every single angle of their pixels made perfect and staff bending over to make sure all their wishes come true.

Oprah:

Good call numb nuts, now the wilds more dead than ever. This is why the pkers shouldn't have an opinion. It's a skillers wild, the pkers are followers and always have been. They log in for 30 mins a day and if there isn't any pk it's more like 5 mins. Let the great ideas come from the people who play the game for hours.