Can't play on desktop?

Player avatar

krzyzewski Send PM

subscriber

So I haven't played on my laptop in a few days and I try to open the launcher and the client opens for a nano second, only long enough to see the box about to show and then it closes. I tried updating java and everything and it just won't log on? I have no idea what's wrong. Tried installing a new launcher, still nothing.

Any ideas? I run Windows XP on a laptop built for Windows 8. I just like XP.

Player avatar

krzyzewski Send PM

subscriber

Also, just for the hell of it I tried opening turnip and it worked fine, don't worry I don't play it anymore.

But weird that one java launcher will work and rscr won't??

Player avatar

krzyzewski Send PM

subscriber

Even furthermore, it finally came up and said something about looking for new files or something like it was going to update the client - and just closes like it's crashing. I have no idea,

Player avatar

padwan121 Send PM

subscriber

Fmaking a new forums account. The issue is or so it seems...the password sent is invalid..when clearly the Password I enter is the same..still invalid...the password is in lower and higher caps...don't tell me you have to put the pass on with low high caps? This is annoying af..fate please make a existing forums chars be able to delete a char...to start a new one...makes it Much faster..and easyer..and not hurting any part of the game.

Time waits for no man..so what is your plan? Live a life of reget? Or a life you wont forget.

Player avatar

Turilas Send PM

subscriber

Try opening Windows command prompt and go to where the Launcher is located and write 'java -jar Launcher.jar'.

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

Try deleting your RSCR folder and relaunching the launcher. That way it redownloads everything.

Player avatar

krzyzewski Send PM

subscriber

There is no RSCR folder? It's just a java launch file that is downloaded.

Player avatar

krzyzewski Send PM

subscriber

And it's definitely nothing to do with a password... I don't even make it to a sign in screen. As soon as I click Launch - it closes.

Player avatar

krzyzewski Send PM

subscriber

Pluto's solution worked.

Hallelujah