Update Previews (and some minor changes)

Player avatar

Hobbs Send PM

Hello! It has been a busy week for the Staff members and we apologize for remaining quiet for so long. However, we shall change that now with informing you of a few changes and updates around the Game and Forums.

Starting with what we have accomplished and implemented ::

• 1) Commands for Moderating the forums have been re-established. This should be leading to a cleaner forum in the coming days and weeks
    2) Fixed a potential glitch with selling and buying in stores, allowing someone to gain infinite money.
    3) Buying 5, 10, 50 will no longer cause you to drop items if you have no space.

What lays ahead

• 3) More training locations in the wildy. We will be utilizing more locations in the wilderness in order to provide more options to train at. The added monsters will range from low level to high level and from low density to high density.

4) Drop tables. Yes, we know they are a little wonky. We will begin work on these soon. Do not expect to get dragon items every 100 kills though. The main intention of the drop tables will be to limit the amount of fluff items dropped from high level mobs and provide better chances at more worthwhile loot. You may still get nothing valuable in a trip, but that will happen far less often.

5) Bug Fixes. There are quite a few of them that have been on the radar now, and will be getting fixed in the coming days. These include fixing the Sheep Shearer quest, fixing Mage Arena, crumble undead not working on certain mobs, fixing Plague City, and preparing for ......

6) Watchtower Quest. When the bugs get fixed, the quest will be released. Fate has been busy with real life the past week, but he's back and ready to knock out yet another missing quest. That means the Watchtower Teleport will no longer be usable without finishing the quest (once it goes live).

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT THESE ARE FUTURE UPDATES. When these ideas go live, there will be a post informing you. This is simply a courtesy to keep you guys informed on what is planned.

Of course,  this is not everything we have in store for the server. This is updates and bug fixes that are coming in the next couple of days or a week. As always, please continue to use the Bug Report section and the Suggestions forum to give us ideas on what people are thinking.

Last edited by Hobbs (15 Feb 2015 22:07)

Player avatar

spiritii Send PM

subscriber

awesome! I am excited! I appreciate all your hard work guys! For the mobs in the wild, can we get another low mob place for pk pures to train? varrock rats is swarmed! Thanks

Player avatar

B est Send PM

subscriber

There are so many mobs in the wild that are not being used, everyone wants to train on the fastest xp ones. There are more training places than players on this server. Does anyone even clicktrain nowadays?

Change the mining as it is in the original rsc, mining ore while being under attack.

Player avatar

Chrls brown Send PM

subscriber

Thank you!! for the account giveaway!!!!

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

So we cant give away forum accounts then? it has to be traded to one of our own forum accounts?

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Better Death,Chaos,Nature,Law and all basic rune drops would be nice at like Ice Warriors and GY. Make it so I can at least pick 5k runes there in a day PLZ. sad

OH AND

Higher combat rates pl0x

Thanks for the hard work fellaz <3

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Ronza Send PM

subscriber

Looking forward to better drop tables. I've heard monsters like Black Dragons need a buff as you go through tons of food with not much in return.

¯ˆ˜¨'“*°º   IGN: Ronza   º°*”'¨˜ˆ¯

Player avatar

Drollboy Send PM

subscriber

Interesting and great ideas. A few questions though: Why do we need a character limit increase from 5 to 8? Are we not allowed to use multiple accounts (anymore?) and this is a way to curb multilogging?

And, assuming that you make the 5->8 char limit change in the name of curbing multilogging accounts, will it be illegal to multilog? If not, what about in the wilderness?

Also, please be sure to get a tester or something for drop tables/wildy training spots. It would suck to have great releases worsen the economy or just have training be the same as before.

I'm very excited for these changes. Thanks a ton to Fate and N0m for your hard work with busy lives, Hobbs for being a great liaison, Marc for being Marc, and Jebby and Kevin for doing what you guys do. smile

Player avatar

kridlokk7 Send PM

subscriber

Great news Sharksterrrr!

Player avatar

Hobbs Send PM

Droll... The increase to 8 is to allow that extra space for people wanting to trade accounts. We could keep it at 5 and just let you continue making new forum ID's, but the increase is to try and keep people's accounts condensed. You can log on however many characters you want, doesn't matter if its the same forum ID or not.

Player avatar

Drollboy Send PM

subscriber

Ah so the account trading is limited to specific accounts on a given forum account, rather than the forum account with subordinate in-game accounts. Gotcha.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

nice, so all the shit about acc sharing u guys gave u now let it happen but we gotta pay
not impressive..

Player avatar

soulfear Send PM

subscriber

npcs bein boring ass hell keepin me away

Player avatar

T H C Send PM

subscriber

INB4 accounts start getting lost or scammed... Should just allow account sharing..

Kurupt for prostitution

Player avatar

GLeU Send PM

subscriber

adidas said:

nice, so all the shit about acc sharing u guys gave u now let it happen but we gotta pay
not impressive..

its not even account sharing. its account trading.

Does this mean we can openly buy/sell accounts?

Player avatar

Drollboy Send PM

subscriber

I'd assume so, as long as you are aware of the cost to transfer and bundle that into the value of whatever account you trade.

Player avatar

Jusba Send PM

subscriber

Nice! Please keep updating us even if nothing special is going on. It means a lot to hear something from the staff.

Soooo...can we sell accounts for $$$£££ now?
Those lazy turnip players could buy and start playing.

Offering to be a middleman for 5% of the account price big_smile!

Player avatar

Oo Send PM

subscriber

something should be done to attract more players only 37 on while cornflakes has 135 lol

Last edited by Oo (2 Feb 2015 00:31)

Player avatar

Drollboy Send PM

subscriber

Oo said:

something should be done to attract more players only 37 on while cornflakes has 135 lol

We've had a recent contest to create an advertising banner. And you can also help spread the word on sites to promote growth in our game we play together. =)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Oo said:

Character transfers and turnip exp rates = win.

But what do I know.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook