Fixes & Performance Improvements

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

I've spent past few days debugging and profiling our server core as there's been some hiccups and disconnection issues for some of our users. Before we move on to working on new content, I've taken the time and effort to rewrite major parts of server core:

-Plugin system now preloads everything necessary to quickly execute plugin actions, which greatly reduced CPU time spent on executing plugins. Every action in game executes a plugin of some kind so you can imagine how it might create delay.
-Region system now uses appropriate collection for entities inside, which perform faster in almost all cases.
-Networking implementation rewritten, to seperate networking related functions from main thread which allows both of them to work faster and use less memory.

These rewrites might result in new bugs as our testing resources are limited, so please report any bugs you might find using Customer Support interface in game.

Other fixes:
- Fixed a bug in batching which allowed to start multiple batches at once.
- Safe spot in Wilderness Agility Course
- Fixed a bug where you would climb a ladder and find yourself in a black void
- Fixed a bug where npcs aggroed on you after respawning, prior to ranging them when they died.
- Fixed ring of riches not picking up items after killing. It will now also only pick up stackables from npc you just killed,(not all stackables on the tile.)
- Fixed reaper

We also have a new staff bot written by Nisti for our staff discord which let's us view and speak in global chat and do moderator commands(mute/ban/etc)..

Player avatar

runeknight95 Send PM

subscriber

Thanks for the hard work nom

Check Out my "Quality of life" improvement suggestion thread and vote +1 ty!---->
http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=4338
Check out my Auction house improvement suggestion thread http://www.rscrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=8292
Moo Moo Moo MOO MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO