The new scavenger clue steps (and clues in general?)

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

Hey there!

As always I've been doing lots of clues, something I find more fun to do on RSCR than any other version of rs. I think they are a really cool implementation. However, some things about them I feel can use some work.
The news post gave me the idea that they would not require items that people wouldn't have anyway, given that it stated:

The possible required items shouldn't take a toll on your bank

Now, I don't mind gathering all sorts of odd objects, but I have found that after even a couple of clues my bank was filled to the brim. The items seem to be very random indeed. This can in many cases lead to some odd situations, however.
For instance, I had to obtain a burned pie on my ironman. However, having 82 cooking, it meant I was practically unable to burn a pie, and there does not seem to be an option to use a pie on a stove/fire to burn it (yet), like with certain other foods. This is just one of many reasons why I had to drop clues, and given that their drop rate has been lowered, it is quite discouraging. I am fully in favour of clues requiring you go travel all over the place, complete all quests and what not, but when your bank keeps getting clogged with otherwise useless junk, and you have to drop a large percentage of the clues on the last step, it makes me a little salty smile
I hope that in the (near) future, all clues can be made at least completeable, also for ironmen, regardless of the difficulty level or amount of effort required.
Would it be appropriate to post incompletable clue steps (due to whatever reason) in the bugs section?
Or is it almost a feature to prevent people from completing too many? (heh).

I don't really want to end this post with a big rant. I greatly appreciate the many changes made to the game recently, all QoL updates, and all the wonderful work the RSCR staff is doing. You guys are great! big_smile

Last edited by Vinkie (7 Jul 2018 18:26)

Player avatar

Pepsi Send PM

modsubscriber

ATM, the only way to burn a pie is to get a cook ( preferably not much higher level 10 ) to burn it for you. 

All clues are completed, it has been tested many many times.  Some require quest completion, which is meant to be.

Vinkie Send PM

subscriber

yeah, which is why it is impossible for ironmen to complete, unfortunately.

Player avatar

BreakIt Send PM

Mod Pepsi said:

ATM, the only way to burn a pie is to get a cook ( preferably not much higher level 10 ) to burn it for you.

This is not something an ironman can do.
Ironman accounts can not trade.

There are a number of clues that ironman accounts are completely locked out of.

I do not believe that this should be the case and should be fixed ASAP.