Wilderness Obelisks, Kill-feed, Character Limits, and more!

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Hi RSCR Family,

Many players have complained about a lack of activity in wilderness, and multilogging & character-parking posing a challenge to fair fights. People also complained that with Mad Zeonk and the Skipper, it was too easy to quickly return to fights after being killed.

To fix that, we have taken these following steps:

1. Goodbye Mad Zeonk teleports, hello Wilderness Obelisks! No longer will you be able to teleport from Edgeville to any desired wilderness location; instead you will have to walk up. But awaiting you will be six crucial portals scattered throughout the wilderness. Step onto the platform and click on an obelisk to activate a ten-second countdown. Anyone standing on the platform by the end of the countdown will be teleported to some random other obelisk platform together. You will be left behind if you were in combat during the countdown.

82db8fa3b8b2fe90dd78b62cc3946e32.gif

There are 6 Wilderness Obelisks total, their locations are:
Lvl 10 Wilderness - East of Castle
Lvl 18 Wilderness - East of Graveyard
Lvl 27 Wilderness - Northeast of Bandit Camp
Lvl 37 Wilderness - Southeast of Lava Maze
Lvl 43 Wilderness - Southeast of Ice Plateau
Lvl 50 Wilderness - South of Rogue’s House

For reference here is a map with the obelisks marked with red stars:
nKaLVQ6.png

2. All PKs are now announced to ::2, as you may have noticed for some time. This reports the PKer, the victim, their combat levels and the wilderness level the kill occurred in to channel ::2. The idea here is to let players know when action is going down, and what level combat the PKing is so they can prepare accordingly and come fight. To see channel ::2 for PKing Chat, type “::togglechannel 2” in-game.
zBakDAH.png

3. An end to multilogging/character-parking in wilderness. Now with occasional exceptions, there will be a one character per player limit in the wilderness, enforceable by the client and staff (system evasion for PKing advantage will be punished). If you enter the wilderness on a character, you will be unable to log in on any other character that’s in the wilderness unless you leave or log out on the first character and wait two minutes.
5N9sITf.png
While you can still have as many characters as you like multi logging in the rest of the world, only one of these characters will be able to enter the wilderness at any given time.
NiGVx5K.png
There are times we can raise this limit above 1 char per player, maybe to 2 once a week to accomodate players who PK whilst hanging out IRL.

4. Skillcapes are getting big buffs. All of them will be buffed with unique attributes but here are the ones that are live now, I am sure they will prove to be must-have items:
-Agility cape reduces rate of fatigue gained by 20%
-Smithing cape gives you chance at two batches, plus 100% iron smelt.
-Herblaw cape gives you 25% chance to make potions twice in one go.
-Fletching cape gives you 25% chance fletch twice in one go.
-Hitpoints cape gives 2x restore rate for Hits stat.
-Cooking cape adds +10 to base level when cooking (stacks with cooking gauntlets)
-Fishing cape gives a chance to catch two fish at once
-Mining cape increases your chance to get ore by 20%

5. Minor fixes and changes:
-Option to draw player names (as seen above)
-Inventory capacity now displayed over backpack icon (can be toggled off)
-Switched equipment tab placement to Equipment | Inventory
-Golden colored gloves fixed to be more gold
-Hatchet now detected in equipment tab during woodcut

Lastly back to the subject of PKing and the wilderness… there is a poll on what wilderness rotation you would like to have, go to our homepage on RSCRevolution.com and vote on F2P wildy vs P2P wildy cycles. And enjoy double experience this weekend Nov. 11th 0:00 UTC through Nov 13th 23:59 UTC!

See you in-game,
Billy, n0m, and RSCRevolution Staff

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

bhobubble Send PM

subscriber

Good work and a clear post.  Thanks!

Nocashkilla Send PM

subscriber

+200

[img]https://i.imgur.com/RqqanNe.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Kleio Send PM

modDMM2_Participant

Player avatar

sadie Send PM

subscriber

How will you be able to determine who is rule breaking vs who isn't as far as multilogging goes?

NOT asking for your secrets. Just want to know what determines if we're rule breaking or not. Obviously if someone uses some type of spiff to change IP it should be punished. But what's to say someone is using 2 computers on 2 different networks next to eachother etc? How can you tell if it's character sharing vs someone multiing...?

Last edited by sadie (10 Nov 2016 12:11)

Player avatar

sadie Send PM

subscriber

Also, does obelisk auto skull you? (it should)

Player avatar

Zm Send PM

subscriber

! Thank you

Player avatar

Maverick2k Send PM

Subscriber

Excellent work guys! Hopefully the next week will tell if the changes are going to have a positive impact on the wilderness - but as long as the regulars PK now that it's fair, I'd imagine the wildy will become a lot more active. I for one will be PK'ing a lot more now and I know many others that will follow suit.

Again, great work - keep it up!

Player avatar

Boneknuckles Send PM

subscriber

xx

Last edited by Boneknuckles (13 Feb 2017 07:09)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Great big_smile big_smile

Just one suggestion over sight, the oblesks shouldn't TP someone on F2p rotation to P2p wild etc other wise your going to end up dumped in P2P without the right equipment, or worse TP in P2P gear and be dumped in f2p wild.

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

The Cypher Send PM

subscriber

Id like to get a vote on changing Smithing Cape addition.

All the other capes seem to have pretty significant changes. I like what all the other capes have the ability to do.

I just feel as if someone with 99 smithing has no need to smelt mass amounts of iron ore.

I was thinking maybe the cape could make a bar take 1 or 2 less coal ores per bar. Or even like most other capes, a chance to make 2 of one item youre trying to make.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Uncle said:

Id like to get a vote on changing Smithing Cape addition.

All the other capes seem to have pretty significant changes. I like what all the other capes have the ability to do.

I just feel as if someone with 99 smithing has no need to smelt mass amounts of iron ore.

I was thinking maybe the cape could make a bar take 1 or 2 less coal ores per bar. Or even like most other capes, a chance to make 2 of one item youre trying to make.

Make a topic about it on suggestions and lets see what people come up with.

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Uncle said:

Too much economic damage

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

The Cypher Send PM

subscriber

I wouldnt think so. Maybe in the future i suppose. But as of now, there is only maybe 25 99 smithers in game

Player avatar

georg Send PM

sweet updates

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

Awesome update I can't wait for this weekend. smile

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

davie Send PM

subscriber

I am actually amazed at this level of update

well done

Player avatar

I l e s Send PM

Player avatar

The_ChefCook Send PM

subscriber

Nice work ! haha timer ON ! >)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Reduced timer to 2 minutes, I think that's fair.