Google Play Application taken down.

Player avatar

nik0pelle Send PM

subscriber

tbh it would be best thing ever happen if we could have the content of rs3 but play rs classic. in the terms of having so much to do in game

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

samcro orig 9 said:

How much money would you need to get this started? Need a goal to set towards and then everyone could give a certain amount.

I think around 5000$ would be enough. Would it be better to put the $ goal higher than what I think we need just to be sure? We could then return the money after, or use it to develop the game further.

Player avatar

samcro orig 9 Send PM

Thats quite a bit, would need at least 100 people give 50 bucks each.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

samcro orig 9 said:

Thats quite a bit, would need at least 100 people give 50 bucks each.

We have plenty of active users I don't think the money will be an issue, Also I want this to happen so much that I will figure out ways, even if I had to go solo all the way till the end.

Player avatar

samcro orig 9 Send PM

I would be willing to give 20, but i would like to see something get started before i offer

Last edited by samcro orig 9 (28 Feb 2015 18:17)

Player avatar

Con Send PM

With further advertising, your own branding and a fair bit to show off I'm sure you'll be able to hit $5000, you need to ensure people know it'll be available for mobile and desktop.

I'm sure there will be a lot of people from RSPS communities who will be very interested in this.
Make sure you get a good name as well. smile

Player avatar

Gawain Send PM

How far would RuneQuest have to be removed from RSC in order to maintain legality? Would the developers be able to keep the map, location names, quests, names of NPCs, armor names, weapon names, skill names and relevant item names? Or would virtually everything have to be completely redone from scratch? I understand that the aim of this game — which has seemingly grown from a really good private server to an all-out new game heavily inspired by RSC – is to be in the spirit of RSC, but would that mean having to abandon everything and just totally restart anew? Or would the developers be able to use a lot of the code, assets, etc. and just redo a lot of graphics, among a handful of other things?

If the game needs to be essentially redone with all of these things in mind, I'm not sure I see how we can keep our characters' quest progress, stats, items, etc.

I would be happy to brainstorm, contribute financially, and help with suggestions and such, but I would like to know about the direction that this game will take before any of this happens.

Last edited by Gawain (28 Feb 2015 19:03)

Player avatar

valyria Send PM

Gawain said:

How far would RuneQuest have to be removed from RSC in order to maintain legality? Would the developers be able to keep the map, location names, quests, names of NPCs, armor names, weapon names, skill names and relevant item names? Or would virtually everything have to be completely redone from scratch? I understand that the aim of this game — which has seemingly grown from a really good private server to an all-out new game heavily inspired by RSC – is to be in the spirit of RSC, but would that mean having to abandon everything and just totally restart anew? Or would the developers be able to use a lot of the code, assets, etc. and just redo a lot of graphics, among a handful of other things?

If the game needs to be essentially redone with all of these things in mind, I'm not sure I see how we can keep our characters' quest progress, stats, items, etc.

I would be happy to brainstorm, contribute financially, and help with suggestions and such, but I would like to know about the direction that this game will take before any of this happens.

Yeah should probably consult legal advice for this.
reddit.com/r/legaladvice is probably a good spot to start.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/142/2/1/signature_targaryen_by_jhonnychan-d668u2w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Con Send PM

Gawain said:

I'm guessing quite a lot will have to be redone including names of things and perhaps editing quests and skills although the current server can stay in place as it doesn't infringe any copyright laws as it was never made by rscrevolution unlike the client in which currently all the assets and code belongs to rscrevolution, I'm guessing Rune equipment may need to be renamed and I think the new game should create it's own lore.

As long as the game sticks to its awesome retro style I'll be happy.

Player avatar

valyria Send PM

This would open up so many opportunities. You no longer would be restricted by being a private server. You would be a legitimate stand alone game.

[img]http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/142/2/1/signature_targaryen_by_jhonnychan-d668u2w.png[/img]

Player avatar

Con Send PM

valyria said:

This would open up so many opportunities. You no longer would be restricted by being a private server. You would be a legitimate stand alone game.

Yep, you don't want to relate back to private servers too much either, if you can create a retro game inspired by old MMOs/MUDs you should be able to gain a good following of players who may have never even played rscrevolution.

Player avatar

samcro orig 9 Send PM

It would be cool if the landscape was redone so that if we ever started out no one would know where to go to mine/smith no one would know the best areas to train all of their skills..etc.. it would bring more excitement to the game. But idk how far developers are willing to take this idea. It will be cool to see how this plays out.

I know I saw someone had already made some custom landscape and areas in a different thread, I believe it was a mod. Maybe you could start with what he had in mind and use your own imagination to recreate rsc in your own way.

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

n0m said:

weismann said:

That sounds GREAT !!! :-D will there be any down time before the " NEW GAME " is up ?
Do all get reset ? exps / items ?

n0m said:

The gameplay and mechanics would be same, you would like it. The game would be remade RSC with just different artwork, the landscape would be nearly the same too.

EDIT: Too many seem to think that it would be too different from RSC, that is not the case, we would aim for it to be as close as possible!

No, the game would use same server you play on right now, it would use the same database etc. You guys could play here until it's completed and then we would just release new game client which is 100% ours and we could advertise it anywhere.

PLEASE remake the game and put it back on android asap. of course keeping rsc mechanics, we got so many new players off the google play store, if you could redo the game client that would be so cool! please do this n0m

Player avatar

adidas Send PM

subscriber

valyria said:

This

Player avatar

punknub Send PM

subscriber

I'd do artwork for free.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/LXQe19Q.png[/img]
punknub's sigs

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

If you're for real I'll so help out.  Hit me up via Skype.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Northern Star Send PM

Probably a useless comment from me... But, in a sense, couldn't the devs just alter every sprite slightly? Like, adding a black pixel to the back or something, to avoid copyright? I am not 100% sure how all of this works, so don't judge me for my (maybe) insignificant comment. Also, it would be very interesting to see pretty much the same game base, but with different sprites and everything, and I will do what I can to help out.

Also, if skill names would have to be renamed, we could use for instance: Lumber, Witchery, Pyro, Accuracy, Power, and so on. Also, if prayer would have to have a major edit, maybe make a system to where you pick which god you prefer (all of whom could be renamed) and have select prayers for those specific gods. Like, %GoodGod% could be more defense spells, where as %BadGod% could be more attack spells?

Last edited by Northern Star (1 Mar 2015 06:01)

Player avatar

valyria Send PM

Another HUGE advantage would be you would be able to stream liveplay on TWITCH.TV!
That opens the game up to the biggest gaming platform out at the moment.

Alot of new games pay popular streamers to play their game for a few minutes infront of 20-30k viewers. It could be insane amount of new players.

Player avatar

sellerane Send PM

subscriber

I would rather have classic sprites and look then have the android app. so I'd prefer keeping it as is.

[img=ModernBB BBCode Test]http://i.imgur.com/dH0763j.gif[/img]

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

sellerane said:

I would rather have classic sprites and look then have the android app. so I'd prefer keeping it as is.

It isn't about having android app, it's about making this game popular again.