It's time to go back to original Wilderness settings.

Player avatar

hulkamaanio Send PM

subscriber

It's obvious that there are changes needed for the health of the server.  Where did it go wrong? By making stupid updates (we didn't know at the time) that were requested by the loudest noises aka multipkers.

Is it skill to spamcast instead of timed cast? Nope.
Is it skill to spamclick on food to heal urself in less than 1 sec? Nope. I wanna see you multipk and eat on 2 accs same time on original settings - u are in lumb.

These 2 little things would change wildy pking completely. It turns out rscrevolution was smarter than we thought and we need to go back to original RSC wildy settings.

I'm sure that the multipkers will fight this post but unless Admins are gonna be strong and do it, there's no reason for ppl who wanna "rsc pk" to try rscr wildy again.

There's like nothing that can get worse at this point except maybe some multipkers leaving (doubt) coz they realize they aren't so advanced pkers after all. And in reality it just opens space for normal pkers. So it's a win-win situation.

Last edited by hulkamaanio (30 Sep 2019 15:54)

Player avatar

mizukage Send PM

subscriber

You did not have discord in real rsc either, with team members of 40 who gets a notification on their phone whilst talking a dump. Who then opens Up an app om this phone and logs in to find himself 15v1ing this dude whos been rejected His chanse to fight back because he can eat 3 swordies on one char before beeing caught by the circle of death

Golden idea

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

this is the most stupid idea ever. Coming from someone who obviously, does not PK. The worst pkers today are better than 99,99% of the pkers back in RSC. Imagine having to wait 1 second to walk after you land a cast. Imagine getting 15vs1ed ( like i do every day i go and pk, because they have a discord team of 60 and every time they even see a single enemy they will @here and everyone logs in) and to be able to eat 3 swordies before they can re-attack you. Multi isn't something that kills the wildy, us ''multipkers'' will offer fair fights to most of the people, unless you're some absolutely ******** person who have only ganked X person for months and hes tired of your bullshit,  fair 1vs1s, 2vs2s, 3vs3 etc but EVERYONE turns them down, then they'll come and 10vs3 you, and cry about multi, when you're multing in fort which is 2ip, to fight 3vs10 when you have a HUGE disadvantage. Get some fucking common sense.

Theres a reason theres 10 players combined on the RSC Replica servers atm. no1 wants that shit. Post prob made by n0m, but by all means do these changes and watch the last pkers leave lol. One of the main problems is discord, being able to message 60 of your friends to login when you're fighting 1vs1, another problem is the teams are way too big. way way too big. If i want to get ANY action at all, i have to fight with atleast half of the numbers the enemy team does, and this is in fort aswell, where you can't even multi, because all the ''actual'' pkers have quit, and the ones we have left are just pixel huggers and keep recruiting more until ''multi pkers are banned from the server'' i've never multied anyone who hasn't multi'ed me, never login a 2nd unless they don't, or have more uniques against me. This goes for 99% of the ''multi'' pkers

Unless you're like Humans that has no problem 15vs2ing people, but have a huge problem with ''Multi'', he came with 5 his mates up to castle and attacked my low level, fighting 5vs1 i logged in a 2nd account to catch myself off of his MAGER on 48cb or some shit, and 5 of them turned around and were running straight to edge yelling '' HAHHAHA OMG MULTI ROFL'' Like cmon.

Why dont you make fort 1IP aswell whilst you do this, another great idea big_smile

To get better wilderness, players need to work towards it, and we need to get the pkers who have quit back. Only options. And somehow limit teaming, but i really don't see any way of doing that, so guess were fucked.

And the ones who want to ''RSC PK'' or experience ''RSC as it was'' will not play rev, not due the wilderness settings but because of EVERYTHING else..

Last edited by Jauroo (30 Sep 2019 20:20)

Player avatar

rubixcube Send PM

Jauroo said:

this is the most stupid idea ever. Coming from someone who obviously, does not PK. The worst pkers today are better than 99,99% of the pkers back in RSC. Imagine having to wait 1 second to walk after you land a cast. Imagine getting 15vs1ed ( like i do every day i go and pk, because they have a discord team of 60 and every time they even see a single enemy they will @here and everyone logs in) and to be able to eat 3 swordies before they can re-attack you. Multi isn't something that kills the wildy, us ''multipkers'' will offer fair fights to most of the people, unless you're some absolutely ******** person who have only ganked X person for months and hes tired of your bullshit,  fair 1vs1s, 2vs2s, 3vs3 etc but EVERYONE turns them down, then they'll come and 10vs3 you, and cry about multi, when you're multing in fort which is 2ip, to fight 3vs10 when you have a HUGE disadvantage. Get some fucking common sense.

Theres a reason theres 10 players combined on the RSC Replica servers atm. no1 wants that shit. Post prob made by n0m, but by all means do these changes and watch the last pkers leave lol. One of the main problems is discord, being able to message 60 of your friends to login when you're fighting 1vs1, another problem is the teams are way too big. way way too big. If i want to get ANY action at all, i have to fight with atleast half of the numbers the enemy team does, and this is in fort aswell, where you can't even multi, because all the ''actual'' pkers have quit, and the ones we have left are just pixel huggers and keep recruiting more until ''multi pkers are banned from the server'' i've never multied anyone who hasn't multi'ed me, never login a 2nd unless they don't, or have more uniques against me. This goes for 99% of the ''multi'' pkers

Unless you're like Humans that has no problem 15vs2ing people, but have a huge problem with ''Multi'', he came with 5 his mates up to castle and attacked my low level, fighting 5vs1 i logged in a 2nd account to catch myself off of his MAGER on 48cb or some shit, and 5 of them turned around and were running straight to edge yelling '' HAHHAHA OMG MULTI ROFL'' Like cmon.

Why dont you make fort 1IP aswell whilst you do this, another great idea big_smile

To get better wilderness, players need to work towards it, and we need to get the pkers who have quit back. Only options. And somehow limit teaming, but i really don't see any way of doing that, so guess were fucked.

And the ones who want to ''RSC PK'' or experience ''RSC as it was'' will not play rev, not due the wilderness settings but because of EVERYTHING else..

but ur a shit PKER.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Heya Jauro. While I share similar thoughts and talk with the guy frequently, this topic isn't mine.. If rsc timers were used, it would balance wilderness equally. Not just multiers alone but teams as well.

Generally:
Your performance in previous combat matters. Missing those casts so opponent has to eat less than you? You're going to see that in your next 3 rounds.

You can't just spam cast but you have to time it correctly, casting with 1.2s timer is easy. Everyone can count to 1 but how accurately can you count to 1. 5? For some pkers 1.2s it's the time that it takes for them to select spell and do the cast.

Teaming
You get less damage from projectiles while locked into the first three rounds. Imagine how much damage adds up from those 2 extra magic spells per 3 rounds per person. You might be eating slower but you also get a lot less damage.

Multi:
More skill involved in casting on time, more time spent managing your account, more skill involved in managing multiple accounts. Making multi harder and it requires better coordination to pull off.

While rsc timers would work a lot better. There is an alternative way which would allow to keep the cast timer and eat timer: Reduce the rest of combat  related timers by a third to keep them relative to rsc timers. Including the time between melee hits, how fast you can re attack after running.
which would be 1.8 seconds per hit and 2 seconds for re attack.

Edit:
I have created an area in West most border near dark wizards which use Rsc timers. It was created for the purpose of seeing how it actually works in reality and to experiment. While testing there and having been in 3v1 fight it was a lot less 'ganky' as with our current wilderness settings, mostly because you don't get casted more often. The area is still there and I would appreciate if players went to see it for themselves.

Note that this is just an idea which is being proposed as a solution for the problems we have had for years. It's been constant struggle between teams and multi. I am not going to do any changes unless this gets support, even though I strongly feel that this would be beneficial for wilderness pking and the server as a whole.

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Oh also. 5v1 team restriction would still apply. Further making teams less painful to fight against.

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

n0m said:

I am not going to do any changes unless this gets support, even though I strongly feel that this would be beneficial for wilderness pking and the server as a whole.

I highly doubt this would get any of the old pkers returning, and im pretty sure 9 out of 10 current pkers are against this aswell, there are way more things to make the server better and pking better/ easier to PK against the so called multiers, but lets see what rest of the community has to say. In my opinion, this is a good example why Pkers should be in charge with Pking related updates and improvements etc, because the staff usuallly has a completely different perspective on these things, and don't understand certain things as the Pkers do, just like the pkers don't understand some things like the rest do. 1 recent example is the staff not wanting to reduce the home teleport timer to 5mins only in WILDERNESS, which would have no negative effects. That would only help the guys with less accounts to compete against the ones, who do have a bunch of them(Again, not speaking for myself, as i have enough flats and i can get access to more if i need, but not everyone has the chance), even that little feature alone, would make the Pking way better than all of those RSC features listed above, in my opinion of course. If it aint broken dont fix it. Let's see what the pkers have to say.

Last edited by Jauroo (30 Sep 2019 23:23)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Jauroo said:

n0m said:

I am not going to do any changes unless this gets support, even though I strongly feel that this would be beneficial for wilderness pking and the server as a whole.

I highly doubt this would get any of the old pkers returning, and im pretty sure 9 out of 10 current pkers are against this aswell, there are way more things to make the server better and pking better/ easier to PK against the so called multiers, but lets see what rest of the community has to say. In my opinion, this is a good example why Pkers should be in charge with Pking related updates and improvements etc, because the staff usuallly has a completely different perspective on these things, and don't understand certain things as the Pkers do, just like the pkers don't understand some things like the rest do. 1 recent example is the staff not wanting to reduce the home teleport timer to 5mins only in WILDERNESS, which would have no negative effects. That would only help the guys with less accounts to compete against the ones, who do have a bunch of them(Again, not speaking for myself, as i have enough flats and i can get access to more if i need, but not everyone has the chance), even that little feature alone, would make the Pking way better than all of those RSC features listed above, in my opinion of course. If it aint broken dont fix it. Let's see what the pkers have to say.

Hey. I'm not against multiers or teams, I don't favor either side. I don't think any of staff are, but of course I can only speak for myself.

Thing is, I consider wilderness pretty broken right now as it is hence why I am proposing fixing. Only thing driving it right now is some weird battle between wdgaf and multiers. When that ends its dead again. You'd probably want some fresh players there but there's no way they would want to enter wild for pking purposes given the circumstances, it's get ganked by multiers or teamers.

Both of the mentioned groups seem to forget the third group which has been driven away pretty much at this point. The pkers who don't want to be part of big teams or who don't want to train big list of chars to be able to stand up. These people want to pk but they stand no chance. It's not even about not being able to join a team or training list of chars due to not having time. It's because they don't enjoy pking in such way.

Player avatar

hulkamaanio Send PM

subscriber

Jauroo said:

n0m said:

"If it aint broken dont fix it" - Imo current "broken" state of wilderness is the result of exactly the settings.

Why would anyone play on this server with a pure between combat 60-90 without magic ? Instead of strength level for example, you get magic and you get 2 more casts than in original (6 vs 4, and for that 4 u have to be perfect in real rsc.)

Then next, Inventory tab, it gives defbombs even more boost as they can maximize armour without losing any food space. I pked a bit on the server recently and I already saw around lvl 70 rune pkers with magic, taking advantage of these exact settings.

Slower eating - If you get hit low in 1 fight, then you most likely start the next round with low hp. It brings out the skill of catching, are you gonna eat, or are you gonna follow the run your opponent makes? If it's a good run with direction changes, and you get hit low, it really would take some skill to actually catch people and eat at the same time. Also adds a little chance for "sunday" pkers to get lucky kills.

Multi part/teams part is explained above well enough.

Last edited by hulkamaanio (1 Oct 2019 00:15)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

n0m said:

Thing is, I consider wilderness pretty broken right now as it is hence why I am proposing fixing. Only thing driving it right now is some weird battle between wdgaf and multiers. When that ends its dead again. You'd probably want some fresh players there but there's no way they would want to enter wild for pking purposes given the circumstances, it's get ganked by multiers or teamers.

You're right, something needs to be done, i just dont believe this is what we need. We need to work towards getting the give or take 50 pkers who have quit this year, and everyone else to come back. And there is always the 1v1 zone for those who really like to pk that way, and most of the pkers that are classified as ''multiers'' wont ''multi gank'' you. Almost everyone will give new/solo pkers fair fights, all they have to do is ask. In most cases the ''solo, non multi pkers'' just go in a group of 5 to attack a person at castle without saying anything and in result, that person will login more accounts to defend himself, fighting 1vs5 which is a huge disadvantage no matter how good of a multier you are, then they complain about multi. Especially with lower levels i've seen this happen SO many times. Of course, there are some players who will do anything to not die and they'll go through 20 accounts if they have to in order to save themselves(wont be more than 3 players), but other than that the ''multiers'' will give you fair fights. Just ask. For months i've offered fair 1vs1, 2vs2, 5vs5, 1 account each or whatever rules the opponents want when they cry about multi ( usually when they have 3x the numbers anyways) and not a SINGLE time have they accepted the ''fair'' fight they're always crying about. Not even once. It's not like i like the situation i have to PK 1vs3, 2vs5, 4vs8 in fort to get any action either. We just need the people who have quit and who never even started rev to come back/join in the first place.

Last edited by Jauroo (1 Oct 2019 01:58)

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

1000% this once everything was sped up and changed it didn't feel right to me.

The people who already pk are never the ones you should cater too. It should always be the new people you're trying to get to stay.

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook

Player avatar

Stolt Archer Send PM

subscriber

What are you waiting for then ? Do it and see if youre right about bringing in more casual pkers and Still keeping the more hardcore

Former Pk Prodigy

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

N0m if the issue of multi is some players don't have time to train big lists why don't you listen for the last 5 years to people telling you to add a pker sub or character type that trains much much faster but can't skill

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Low lvl pk is dead because of defense add a 1 def restriction to Eastern castle its worth ago

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

hulkamaanio said:

Why would anyone play on this server with a pure between combat 60-90 without magic ? Instead of strength level for example, you get magic and you get 2 more casts than in original (6 vs 4, and for that 4 u have to be perfect in real rsc.)

So it gives non multi more of an advantage of course someone fighting 5 people on 5 different accounts can't cast as the same rate as the non multing 5 who have nothing else to do but cast.

Why would you want not to have magic?

Big load Send PM

Juaro just cant accept the fact that all his E-Friends were bot pking/cheating punks.  Thats why they wont return. They have to buy a new bot which rscr doesn't allow. Remember Juaro said rsc private servers dont have bot pkers. 2 days later half of rsclegacy was banned for acing lol and Juaro  vanished on the forums after that.

LOOT I'VE GATHERED FROM DROP TRADERS: 3 subscription cards, 2m$, dragon sword, rune chain+legs, 150 gold bar certs, 100 sharks, 1.4k nature runes, 3 dragon sq's, santa hat [img]https://i.postimg.cc/XJQpxVFq/rebanime.gif[/img]

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Big load said:

Juaro just cant accept the fact that all his E-Friends were bot pking/cheating punks.  Thats why they wont return. They have to buy a new bot which rscr doesn't allow. Remember Juaro said rsc private servers dont have bot pkers. 2 days later half of rsclegacy was banned for acing lol and Juaro  vanished on the forums after that.

What the hell are u talking about and who do you think you are lol. Most of the older private server players have their own reasons due to not playing rev, not being able to ''bot pk'' isnt 1 of them. And it doesn't matter if RSCR would allow people to buy bots or not, people can still very much buy bots and they do very much work in rev, and i've never said rsc private servers doesnt have bot pkers, i said at the moment REV does NOT, atleast not auto catch, some might use hotkey for eating but who knows.  when you think back to like 2012 and think of cornflakes, probably 80% of the castle pkers were ac'ing back then, but good that we don't have the problem over here.

Please tell me, who are the ''half'' of the people that got banned for acing? Bet you can't even name a single one. I know none of the people i know transferred over did, i remember some people getting banned for just logging in a bot client though, not just legacy xfers but in general, most of my ''e-friends'' and enemies who i've pked against for years wont play because they're in their 30s not interested in training and farming months for being able to pk in a bullshit scenario when they do not have the time for it anymore, which is very much understandable.

Last edited by Jauroo (1 Oct 2019 08:54)

Player avatar

Jauroo Send PM

Nyx said:

hulkamaanio said:

So it gives non multi more of an advantage of course someone fighting 5 people on 5 different accounts can't cast as the same rate as the non multing 5 who have nothing else to do but cast.

Why would you want not to have magic?

Exactly, who would want to PK without magic in 60+ pures anyways, this is not 2002 with shit builds. Using a 40 1 99 account with no mage against a similiar account is just pure luck who comes on top, you keep talking about skill but theres no skill in that.

+ the faster you're able to cast the harder it pretty much it is, not the other otherway around..

1 problem that i see and actually exists, is defense/armour is way too overpowered. Especially when we have the equipment tab. 40 30 99 will win 10/10 against 40 1 99 with 69 mage, flats with addy have a very huge chance beating a flats against rune

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

Nyx said:

N0m if the issue of multi is some players don't have time to train big lists why don't you listen for the last 5 years to people telling you to add a pker sub or character type that trains much much faster but can't skill

I think the issue is that many don't want to pk like that, it just isn't fun for them, and it shouldn't be required.
Same goes for being part of big teams.

Player avatar

KizL Send PM

betasubscriber

n0m said:

Nyx said:

I think the issue is that many don't want to pk like that, it just isn't fun for them, and it shouldn't be required.
Same goes for being part of big teams.

100% this ^

~K!zL

IGN: Alerion, No Mercy, Attila and KizL
[img]http://i.imgur.com/fkgmebI.png[/img]
UP and Subscribe to RSCRevolution on Reddit!
----> RSCRevolution's Reddit ----> RSCRevolution Facebook