Deadman Released!

Player avatar

The Serpent Send PM

Aqua said:

what are  Seperate Auction House with only buy offers enabled

Well you put a "buy offer" listing on the auction house, if another DM checks the buy offer and likes your offer and has the item in his inventory, he can sell it to you.

Basically,
You list buy offer
Other DM sees buy offer & has the item you want
They click on the offer and sell you the item.

Player avatar

i3lunt t0k3r Send PM

subscriber

It's a cool concept but I'ma keep it 100 it's just going take away from the pk sein that's already dead then you got people like Batman who's going around killing people 1 hit able who can't catch a fly if his life depended on it gloating that he's good

Last edited by i3lunt t0k3r (5 Aug 2017 03:54)

Ignore the hate the fake and the funny shit

Player avatar

The Serpent Send PM

Can we have an in-depth explanation on rebuild rate please? Thanks.

When does rebuild rate activate and is it for a duration?
Does the rebuild rate stay at 3x up until you level at what it was previously at?
Will ::info display the 3x rate?

Last edited by The Serpent (5 Aug 2017 13:53)

Player avatar

n0m Send PM

Administratorsubscriber

The Serpent said:

Can we have an in-depth explanation on rebuild rate please? Thanks.

When does rebuild rate activate and is it for a duration?
Does the rebuild rate stay at 3x up until you level at what it was previously at?
Will ::info display the 3x rate?

When u lose exp on death it activates and deactivates when u reach the amount of xp u had. Info shows the rate.

Player avatar

Reines Send PM

subscriber

i3lunt t0k3r said:

It's a cool concept but I'ma keep it 100 it's just going take away from the pk sein that's already dead then you got people like Batman who's going around killing people 1 hit able who can't catch a fly if his life depended on it gloating that he's good

Eric is correct. Your taking from a low pk scene. I think you need to let people be deadman or not be deadman. Not have to make people train all new accounts again. May aswell made a new server or seperate world since they can't interact with already established player accounts. I might be the only one here but I cannot be fucked to make new accounts and farm shit again.

I'm probably done with rev if it stays like this. Props to you for trying something new and exciting n0m but people who just want to pk don't feel it 100.

Squaaaaddddd

Player avatar

Chroz Send PM

subscriber

how do you do the buy offer thing on the auction house? I havent seen a single thing on the AH and I tried to put up/look for a way to check buy offers on Swordfish (or put up a buy offer for one of my own) and I couldnt find it. help?

Leader of the "All players level 90+ should bring a Silverlight to Black Demons for day in Edgeville Dungeon rather than fucking 3 item for weeks training in the wilderness" Movement

Player avatar

jukebox Send PM

subscriber

Answer me this, why cant deadman trade deadman? Since we can trade between chars in ah anyway? Should make deadman tradeble with other dms

Player avatar

Mod Cash Send PM

mod

Reines said:

i3lunt t0k3r said:

Eric is correct. Your taking from a low pk scene. I think you need to let people be deadman or not be deadman. Not have to make people train all new accounts again. May aswell made a new server or seperate world since they can't interact with already established player accounts. I might be the only one here but I cannot be fucked to make new accounts and farm shit again.

I'm probably done with rev if it stays like this. Props to you for trying something new and exciting n0m but people who just want to pk don't feel it 100.

Regular PK is just as active as its been. You can be on both chars at once. Same as people have been doing with their ironmen forever and same thing as switching from your low level pker to your flat. its just different alts. Deadman rates are super high anyways. Doesnt take much to make an acc.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MHnkLqY.png[/img]

Player avatar

Billy Send PM

Former Admin

Just an idea, I noticed something, which is normal characters and deadman characters being in competition for popular wilderness training spots, but not being able to kill each other. I think that feels wrong since the wilderness is supposed to be the most dangerous part of the game for everyone.

I think normal players and deadmen should be able to PK each other in the wilderness, but how would that be made fair? Could it be:1) the death is normal for the deadman as though from an NPC and 2) normals and DM shouldn't be able to loot each other. That way, a deadman can drive a normal out of his training spot and vice versa, without being at risk of losing stats/bank. Thoughts?

[img]https://i.imgur.com/3xbQmDo.gif[/img]Read the rules: Automated play is a bannable offense![img]https://i.imgur.com/HtElPYg.gif[/img]
lol Billy Mays' Quest Reviews lol

Player avatar

ihavenoidea Send PM

subscriber

Billy, deadman hasn't been online more than couple days and yet you are starting to ruin it by setting normal players kill deadman's? I bet there would be lot more competition in the future. So lay back, enjoy the show and don't change anything.

Am Best Deadman (Retired 14th August 2017)

Player avatar

Nyx Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Just an idea, I noticed something, which is normal characters and deadman characters being in competition for popular wilderness training spots, but not being able to kill each other. I think that feels wrong since the wilderness is supposed to be the most dangerous part of the game for everyone.

I think normal players and deadmen should be able to PK each other in the wilderness, but how would that be made fair? Could it be:1) the death is normal for the deadman as though from an NPC and 2) normals and DM shouldn't be able to loot each other. That way, a deadman can drive a normal out of his training spot and vice versa, without being at risk of losing stats/bank. Thoughts?

+1 inside wild it should be all vs all!

Some kind words from a fan
[img]https://preview.ibb.co/dNCYi7/newforumsig.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Billy said:

For the not losing stuff, would that go both ways? If normal kills DM, he doesn't lose anything(good idea) (or it just drops all but 3 but the normal cant see if so he can potentially head back and pick it up) or where it simply functions like a normal Fun Death Match where they just appear in Lumby with all their loot?  and vice versa? DM kills a normal, he just appears, so its more just "get out of this spot" vs "haha I just stole your entire weeks worth of items"

Only other think, maybe make it 1v1 (if they drop items) in entire wild between normal and DM?  Just so if a DM kills a normal, another normal has to wait the 15 or 20 seconds (whatever it is in the normal 1v1 area) before they can attack, but if a normal kills a DM another Normal can attack right away like usual, since lets face it..normals are going to have better gear/more food/pots etc then DMs will at this time.

Just keep it normal level difference (castle being 11-14 lvl difference) so at the thugs a lvl 70 DM can be attacked by what, 50-80 (no idea but say it is), where normal lvls can only attack 65-75 if at lvl 5 by thugs), or the Rats at varrok, thats pretty far from a bank so if its +/- 40 lvls, normals would only be 1-3 higher. 

They can still simply run down or run out of wild and be safe from normal pk.

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

Cub Send PM

subscriber

Billy said:

Or those normal characters can create a DMM character and come pk the DM.

If a NPC kills a DM they still lose stuff, so therefor if a normal can kill a DM it is still items being taking away from other DMs which is a negative affect (same thing if a DM can kill a normal, those items are still being taken away from the possibility of being PK'd from their respective character group)

DM and Normals should not be able to interact with one another period.

Last edited by Cub (7 Aug 2017 17:09)

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

Cub said:

If a NPC kills a DM they still lose stuff, so therefor if a normal can kill a DM it is still items being taking away from other DMs which is a negative affect (same thing if a DM can kill a normal, those items are still being taken away from the possibility of being PK'd from their respective character group)

DM and Normals should not be able to interact with one another period.

I think they mean you don't lose XP (my dm guy is only like 35 so haven't died to an NPC so not sure).

To have no interaction it would require another server...Since Say you wanted to go to kill KBD, you go in and there are 4-5 DM characters teaming to kill it..Likelyhood of you getting any kills..very low, that's negatively effecting a normal character with no way to get around other then starting a new guy just to try to kill them so you can play on your normal guy..That's rather dumb for those who don't want to level another guy up or start over with nothing.

As everyone has always said, wild is wild, its dangerous, enter at your own peril.  Anyone should be able to attack there as long as you are deep enough for the level difference.  Only real issue would be the items, cant loot those from normal-DM but maybe have it so other DMs can loot dead DM's items even if killed by a normal, and vice versa?

Clue Help:
Equip/cryptic /Anagram / Hard Dig locations  / Sets[img]https://snag.gy/ikh4g3.jpg[/img] [img]https://snag.gy/Hfrdxi.jpg[/img]

Player avatar

ihavenoidea Send PM

subscriber

Best solution to this: DM and normals are different, they shouldn't be able to attack each others. But if admins are gonna allow this, make a whole different server where you can do that shit. People grindin for weeks to get shits and then normal can come and take your profits? "Come try deadman, it'll be fun they said"

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

ihavenoidea said:

Best solution to this: DM and normals are different, they shouldn't be able to attack each others. But if admins are gonna allow this, make a whole different server where you can do that shit. People grindin for weeks to get shits and then normal can come and take your profits? "Come try deadman, it'll be fun they said"

I don't think it was ever stated Normal could take your stuff, you simply would die like an NPC killed you (drop all but 1/3/4 depending on skull/prayer) but not lose any XP.

This would be for wild only..place its dangerous for anyone and as everyone here says "dont enter wild if you dont want to lose your items".

yes you can afk train due to mobs auto attacking even past level x 2, yes you get slightly more XP, but thats the danger.  Why most people if they are mostly AFking just 3 item so all a death gives is some wasted 30 seconds to skipp back.  I think one of my guys has close to 200 (my flats is 5-110 (Never pked on him, just people died trying to kill me while afk) deaths just from trying to level...big woop, deaths mean nothing if you don't lose items unless you actually care about fake KD stats or you afk and skull so you lose everything (not smart).

Don't think on DM you would ever want to be AFK or 3 item as a death there you lose the bank items too, plus you can't simply run a few levels down and you are out of the wild, you gotta run all the way to a bank to be safe from someone close to your level.

Clue Help:

Player avatar

ihavenoidea Send PM

subscriber

ReconOne said:

ihavenoidea said:

I don't think it was ever stated Normal could take your stuff, you simply would die like an NPC killed you (drop all but 1/3/4 depending on skull/prayer) but not lose any XP.

This would be for wild only..place its dangerous for anyone and as everyone here says "dont enter wild if you dont want to lose your items".

yes you can afk train due to mobs auto attacking even past level x 2, yes you get slightly more XP, but thats the danger.  Why most people if they are mostly AFking just 3 item so all a death gives is some wasted 30 seconds to skipp back.  I think one of my guys has close to 200 (my flats is 5-110 (Never pked on him, just people died trying to kill me while afk) deaths just from trying to level...big woop, deaths mean nothing if you don't lose items unless you actually care about fake KD stats or you afk and skull so you lose everything (not smart).

Don't think on DM you would ever want to be AFK or 3 item as a death there you lose the bank items too, plus you can't simply run a few levels down and you are out of the wild, you gotta run all the way to a bank to be safe from someone close to your level.

Or just make another server for deadmans and xfer all their stats + banks there? Simple enough. When did i say wildy was a safe place to be huh? Tryin' to be smart here huh?

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

ihavenoidea said:

ReconOne said:

ihavenoidea said:

Or just make another server for deadmans and xfer all their stats + banks there? Simple enough. When did i say wildy was a safe place to be huh? Tryin' to be smart here huh?

That's the standard response received when someone complains about dying in the wild and losing stuff..which you were just complaining about that possibility of...so just stating the common phrase that I've heard probably 50 times in the last few months alone.  If you know that already, great, either agree or disagree and move on.

Clue Help:

Player avatar

ReconOne Send PM

ihavenoidea said:

Yeah m8 move on, you suck at pking, that's the reason you want to kill deadmans on normal acc you gimp. Look at my K/D ratio in deadmans mode, i bet you cannot do the same you fuckin twat. Fuck off really

Ladies and Gentleman, I have stuck a nerve.

You must have missed where i stated "Never pked on him" and "while training", way to state the obvious.  Did you also want to let us know the sun is bright?  I also don't believe I ever said i would go around killing them, if i inferred that my mistake, it was about others and that this would allow for it for those that like to kill trainers to boost their K/D record and to actually fight over wild spots (or even KBD...tho that's not wild..so scratch that).  I'm sorry you feel your K/D is equivalent to your worth in an online game, more power to you.

Back on topic, Why would allowing more pking be bad for pkers?  That seems like a win win.

Clue Help:

Player avatar

ihavenoidea Send PM

subscriber

ReconOne said:

ihavenoidea said:

Yeah m8 move on, you suck at pking, that's the reason you want to kill deadmans on normal acc you gimp. Look at my K/D ratio in deadmans mode, i bet you cannot do the same you fuckin twat. Fuck off really

Ladies and Gentleman, I have stuck a nerve.

You must have missed where i stated "Never pked on him" and "while training", way to state the obvious.  Did you also want to let us know the sun is bright?  I also don't believe I ever said i would go around killing them, if i inferred that my mistake, it was about others and that this would allow for it for those that like to kill trainers to boost their K/D record and to actually fight over wild spots (or even KBD...tho that's not wild..so scratch that).  I'm sorry you feel your K/D is equivalent to your worth in an online game, more power to you.

Back on topic, Why would allowing more pking be bad for pkers?  That seems like a win win.

Back on topic, why wouldn't you make another server for deadmans if you want more pk? Win win situation, no more crying from skillers and pk scene would stay the same. Im sorry forumwarrior to make you feel important here. Sincerely, best pker.